Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Spousal double standards
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m given a pair of wellies JY, but nothing else.

Glad they prepare you for wading through shit 😉

Genuinely surprised by that.

vickypea
    Free Member

Surely wellies are the best and most easily cleaned thing for wading in shit? Better than shoes?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Go shoeless?

thegreatape
    Free Member

That is exactly why they give us wellies. Not ideal for every occasion though – such as court.

Actually there is a very small monthly plain clothes allowance which is almost enough to buy a pair of pants and a pair of socks from M&S, but other than that it’s just the wellies.

anniison
    Free Member

My relationship with the hubby and spending is perfect. I wanted a new bike, but eyebrows were briefly raised at the price of said carbon loveliness.

Solution?

Convinced him he needed something equally lovely and carbon orientated in his life 😆

br
    Free Member

My wife has horses, she never ever raises an issue on anything I spend.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

These threads always have someone saying “Can’t believe you have to even tell the wife when you spend x amount”.

Clearly theres a income difference here, not a relationship difference.

alanl
    Free Member

Mine generally complains whenever I buy anything new – which is usually to replace something that is totally worn out.
    I got out my 15yo Altura waterproof jacket yesterday, shes says, accusingly “how long have you had that?” clearly thinking I’d spent another £100 on bike gear – 15 years roughly – Oh, OK.

3 weeks ago we went to an awards dinner. They had a charity auction of not great, signed, pictures of athletes in far too large frames. Shes said she liked the Sally Gunnell one. £300.
    Then later, she confessed that she’d bought a Dennis Bergkamp boot at £700.

I couldnt beleive it then.Apart from they are both tacky, we have nowhere to put them. So she cannot complain at my spending any more.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

LBS have taken delivery of some Lauf forks that I’d like on my superfly…….

However I’ve just bought a new flat roof

mattbee

I don’t get any hassle for buying shiny things, as long as I’ve bought her someone first. So my RF Next cranks cost me an extra wedge as she decided she wanted Hope ones. My road bike, built from classifieds and eBay bargains cost me an extra brand new Boardman CX Team. Etc……
    She’s not into ‘girly’ stiff like shoes and handbags but sometimes I think her taste in climbimg and cycling stuff is more expensive in the long run…

revs1972
    Free Member

I was recently left for words when my wife came home with a pair of shoes each for our 2 year old and 8 year old.
    £90 !!!!!
    And the younger will probably need a new pair in a few months
    £90 ??

scaredypants

However I’ve just bought a new flat roof

well, fine – it’ll keep the rain off but don’t try riding it in the wind 😯

tenfoot

These threads always have someone saying “Can’t believe you have to even tell the wife when you spend x amount”.

Clearly theres a income difference here, not a relationship difference.

+1

For me, if I buy a new bike this year, we don’t have a family holiday, as I’m the only wage earner. Simple choice really.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. So what bike are you getting?

konabunny
    Free Member

Then later, she confessed that she’d bought a Dennis Bergkamp boot at £700.

😯

zanelad
    Free Member

It’s funny how Mrs Z never asks where the money comes from when I stump up £600 for the car repairs in November, £900 for repairs to the central heating a week before Christmas or for the bracelet I bought her when we’d just popped into town to stretch our legs and call into the pub for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat last weekend.

When I bought a 2nd hand road bike recently it was like the Spanish inquisition. I even took her out for a ride in the car when I went to pick it up. Women, sheeeesh. …….

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Seems your wife is jealousy spending. Perhaps seperate bank accounts for personal spending woukd be a good idea if thats a repetative scenario.
    Its always boggled my mind when i hear married couples with their own spending accounts.. Maybe i get it now

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Spousal double standards’ is closed to new replies.