Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 413 total)
  • SPOTY Thread…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All kicking off in about an hour. So, what do we think? Wiggo’s got it nailed on, surely? First ever British winner of the Tour AND Olympic gold.

Team? Well, I think we’ll see a curve ball. Team of the year? The Olympic Volunteers! 🙂 Wouldn’t that be awesome?

nealglover
    Free Member

My OH would be more than Happy with the Team Award Suggestion 🙂

Would be a nice touch I reckon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wiggo for me too, but I’m torn and would like Ben Ainsle to win.

mikey74
    Free Member

Team? Well, I think we’ll see a curve ball. Team of the year? The Olympic Volunteers!

Good shout, but it could also be the Ryder Cup team, which I disagree with, but hey-ho.

I think it should be Wiggo, but I can’t see it, personally. Farah, Ennis, Hoy, Murray and Weir are all in with a good shout.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Murray and Wiggo as joint winners would please me. Coe to receive further affirmation of his self-belief that he is turning into a demi-god.

Houns

Red Button now

Hmmm Ennis or Mo I think will win it

glupton1976
    Free Member

The voting will have more splits in it than a Commencal. My tip for an outside bet is Katherine Grainger.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, David Rudisha for overseas SPOTY for me. That was such an astonishing performance, from an inspirational chap!

davidjones15
    Free Member

Ennis for me.

petefromearth

can’t see it being Murray – he didn’t win Wimbledon. and you know his speech is going to be appalling.

go Wiggo!!

can we vote online or is it a phone-in?

ton

wiggins for the win.
    but the general public who vote, do not appreciate just how hard winning the TDF is.
    so dont bank on it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the general public who vote, do not appreciate just how hard winning the TDF is.

So true, Ton, so true.

PrinceJohn

the general public who vote, do not appreciate just how hard winning the TDF is.

I don’t think even a lot of cyclists can comprehend how hard it is, just that’s it’s way above them.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m not sure Murray deserves to win it really.

He’s had a great year, and he’s on top of his game etc.

But it’s only his struggle to win a Grand Slam event in the past that’s made the fact that he’s done it this year so memorable (+ the Olympics obviously)

But if you Compare that to the Domination of their sport some of the others have managed, it seems to come up a bit short I reckon.

shifter
    Free Member

If I’d won the TdF I don’t think I’d give two hoots about SPOTY! It’s mildly interesting, but it’s only telly 😛

Kryton57

shifter – Member
    If I’d won the TdF I don’t think I’d give two hoots about SPOTY! It’s mildly interesting, but it’s only telly
    POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Your Bradley Wiggins aren’t you…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Your Bradley Wiggins aren’t you…

No. Not enough swearing! 🙂

Just imagine Wiggo’s acceptance speech! Worth him winning for that alone…!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here we go! BBC1 folks!

By the way, anyone on here actually vote?

mafiafish
    Free Member

Wiggins or Wier if not. Anything else is a gross injustice.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Does anyone else watch it just for the sporting highlights from the year!?

The award is a bit of a nothing award isn’t it!? Given all the success the contenders have had I can’t see to many of them being bitterly disappointed if they don’t win, tbh. Wiggins certainly won’t be, he’s already said he’s not to fussed personally, just wants it to help increase the awareness of cycling to the nation.

molgrips
    Free Member

Remember it’s not Olympic personality of the year…

Kryton57

Jessica Ennis looks hot. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Around 350,000 votes cast last year (Cavendish got around half). So – not a massive interest in folk actually bothering to vote. (For comparison, around 16 million were tuned in the night that Farah, Ennis and that other bloke won gold.)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sarah Storey looks rather nice too!

mikey74
    Free Member

The award is a bit of a nothing award isn’t it!? Given all the success the contenders have had I can’t see to many of them being bitterly disappointed if they don’t win, tbh. Wiggins certainly won’t be, he’s already said he’s not to fussed personally, just wants it to help increase the awareness of cycling to the nation.

But that’s the point, isn’t it? No one is too bothered if they don’t win, but winning it seems quite a big deal, to be voted for by people outside of your sport. It’s a win-win event, hence why many of the contenders say they are just happy to be nominated.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Wiggins. His achievement this year beats everyone else’s, and a few nominees put together. Let’s not forget he won an Olympic gold for the TT, but also won two TTs in the Tour de France against a field just as good.

coogan
    Free Member

I don’t care who wins it. Such a guff award compared to what they’ve actually done and won already this year. Don’t think anyone of them deserves it more than the others personally.

deluded
    Free Member

Wiggins – but we’re spoilt for choice, such was the success this year of British sportsman.

brooess
    Free Member

he’s not to fussed personally, just wants it to help increase the awareness of cycling to the nation.

If Wiggo does win I hope he exploits it for maximum publicity for safety and less bullying for cyclists – especially after his recent exploits

Houns

Wiggo been a tw@ already not doing any interviews on the way in

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Hammering home the Olympics already

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Froomey didn’t look happy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Well, Susan…”

🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

That interview has got to seal it, surely?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Take yer hand out yer pocket.You look like Larry Grayson ffs.

mikey74
    Free Member

someone’s been at the VaT’s beforehand :mrgreen:

psling
    Free Member

Do you think he’s got Lineker’s vote? 😆

Gary_C

Crackin’ speech by Wiggins ! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do you think he’s got Lineker’s vote?

He’s got Gary’s make up artists’s vote! 🙂

convert

someone’s been at the VaT’s beforehand

😀 – we thought so too!

No one can say, he doesn’t have “personality”!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 413 total)

The topic ‘SPOTY Thread…..’ is closed to new replies.