Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SPOTY thing – shortlist spoiler if it's that important to you..
  • allthegear
    Free Member

List is up now…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_personality/15920702.stm

The shortlist (in alphabetical order) is: Mark Cavendish (cycling), Darren Clarke (golf), Alastair Cook (cricket), Luke Donald (golf), Mo Farah (athletics), Dai Greene (athletics), Amir Khan (boxing), Rory McIlroy (golf), Andy Murray (tennis), Andrew Strauss (cricket).

Cav got a chance this year? Not much else there (or am I so unaware of other sports to notice?)

Rachel

Houns

Cav or Rory for me, maybe Strauss as an outsider

matthewjb
    Free Member

Looks like Cavendish has a good chance of winning.

The golfist vote should be split between Clarke and McIlroy.

Team prize should go to the World Championship Cycling team. But it’ll probably go to the cricketers.

edhornby

retaining the ashes (comprehensively) was a pretty big deal, so Cook and/or Strauss may be in for it this time

I would love it to be Cavendish 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll be Mo Farah, European record, gold and silver at the World Champs and European Athlete of the Year. But would like it to be Cav.

aracer
    Free Member

I thought one of the golfists would get it, but as pointed out, they’ll split the vote. Similarly Dai will steal some of the vote from Mo (and it’s not like athletics is really that major a sport for the masses). Cav actually stands a pretty decent chance – but then it does all tend to be a bit random and depends on who gets a good campaign going.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SPOTY thing – shortlist spoiler if it's that important to you..’ is closed to new replies.