Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spotted my bike from 20 years ago on fleabay
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Just spotted my old bike from 1993 on fleabay! Its looking a bit tired and in a sorry state.
    fleabay stumpjumper
    Its quite weird looking at it after all these years. Wondering where the Cooks Brothers Cranks went too?

meehaja
    Free Member

should probably buy that if its cheap. Y’know, jus to hang it on a wall or something.

faz083
    Free Member

your actual bike? Or just same model?

smiff
    Free Member

seems all the action is happening on his Rockhopper
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIALIZED-ROCKHOPPER-SHIMANO-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-RETRO-OLD-SCHOOL-/260996981102

“RIDES GREAT QUITE LAID BACK BUT WAS A RACER IN ITS DAY”

yah not sure i’d want to hop any rocks on that. or jump any stumps on yours :p

PJM1974
    Free Member

Buy it, strip it and stick the frame on your living room wall.

When my 2004 Enduro frame dies, that’s the fate that awaits it.

Kevevs
    Free Member

strange isn’t it? spotted my old bmx from the 80’s recently being ridden about town by a young lad. quite interesting to chat to him and trace back where it had been etc

PJM1974
    Free Member

I met the lad who’d been driving my brother’s 1982 Golf GIT around a while back. Nice lad, he’s had loads of it restored. He only bought it for £800….worth a mint now.

tomaso
    Free Member

I am pretty certain its my old frame. I broke the brake boss on the fork and had to get a new one brazed on and then painted the forks that rather racey shade of rattle can red. Other bits are the black painted rectangle on the headtube with the frame numbers duplicated, SLX headset with fancy cartridge bearings circa 1994, red painted chainsuck on stay…
    I’ve already got an old steel Stumpjumper from this era in far better condition that I bought with misty eyes and as much as I have fond memories of riding that frame in Machnylleth, Peaks, Cannock, Bedd Gellert, South Downs etc it looks a complete 5h!tter now :mrgreen:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spotted my bike from 20 years ago on fleabay’ is closed to new replies.