Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • spotted bloke on a fatty newburn bridge
  • danw117
    Free Member

we were just loading up after some hamfisted tweeking last night bike looks awsome in the flesh where does the track you were heading down past the rowing club go

STATO
    Free Member

How very cryptic, I assume your talking about the Hadrian Cycleway across the front of it or the track to the leisure center behind? or keelman way on south side?

In the interest of clarity, I am not nor own a fatty 😆

danw117
    Free Member

south bank of the river near the entrance to the united rowing club track goes past a metal gate heading up river but not either of the riverbank tracks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    STATO
    Free Member

No idea in that case, something to look for next time im passing.

Try this, might be able to spot it…

Where’s the path?

STATO
    Free Member

Actually, is it not just a track onto Ryton willows?

danw117
    Free Member

link not working

danw117
    Free Member

looks to me from google maps that the track just link into keelmans way just upstream of the yellow pipes just past the rowing club

GrahamS

Fecksake does EVERYONE on this forum live near me then? 😀

South side of the river is Keelman’s Way (NCN 141) which goes through Ryton Willows nature reserve.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.98363&lon=-1.75189&zoom=16&layers=C

(wasn’t me on the fatty btw)

danw117
    Free Member

Thanks Graham

looks interesting diversion from the keelmas way that i guess that any tracks on the willows are “special” tracks

GrahamS

Yeah they are probably designated as footpaths but I doubt you’ll see anyone that cares as long as you ride them sensibly.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Sod that just ride to boathouse and get drunk. Actually if you are after local knowledge local group meets there after a ride every Tuesday night.

GrahamS

Which Boathouse Billy? Wylam or Newburn?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Wylam of course

GrahamS

Good answer!

Might pop in one Tuesday. What’s the local group? And MTBing, road, or just on the paths etc?

BillyBull
    Free Member

Mtb. Ride all year around. Lots of exposure light on show in winter.

GrahamS

Righto. If I ever get myself back onto the MTB and allowed back to the pub (i.e. after the “new baby” years) then I’ll drop in.

BillyBull
    Free Member

If there’s music on come in say hi. I help run buskers on a Tuesday every fortnight.

P20

An On-One? I think toons lives that way but has a Pugsley. I know someone else that rides that way on a moonlander

wwaswas

spotted bloke on a fatty

Someone’s going to be pleased knowing that their distinguishing features are their spots and their bicycle 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

If there’s music on come in say hi. I help run buskers on a Tuesday every fortnight.

I may well have said hello last week before legging it out to the beer garden. It’s been too warm inside the pub the past few weeks.

STATO
    Free Member

This is all very good, moving out that direction next month. Been eyeing up all the trails and track. Also noticed a load of road hill-climbs over by corbridge on strava, cant wait! 😆

bikeneil
    Free Member

spotted bloke on a fatty newburn bridge

The fat ones are usually the most grateful…

plyphon
    Free Member

Is this thread about dogging?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘spotted bloke on a fatty newburn bridge’ is closed to new replies.