Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • spots/blemishes/zits post-40
  • SaxonRider

Does anyone else suffer the indignity, and if so, what do you do about them?

I seem to get a bright red spot or two at times of stress, which can make it extremely difficult to maintain any sort of professional and personal dignity. 😳

Short of wearing a paper bag over my head, anybody have an effective way of dealing with them?

alfabus
    Free Member

have you tried washing? 😉

tonyd

Don’t get stressed?

emsz
    Free Member

Couple of things you can try:

Use a Face scrub. Don’t rub them. Pick at them, squeeze them, stop rubbing your face with your hands. If you shave, make sure it’s clean and use a moisturiser after

Ok?

meehaja
    Free Member

stop touching your face. hands, pens anything. Grow a beard. Both these worked for me (though now clean shaven and missing my epic ginger balaclava!)

At times of stress you are more likley to produce sweat and other secretions which cause the spots, so wash your face more, though avoid fancy soaps, just use warm water, then cold maybe 2-3 a day to clean pores out before they get manky. Or, failing that, see the dr, it is a legitimate medical problem and creams and stuff may help

swampi
    Free Member

it could be acnea rosacea. google it

roady_tony
    Free Member

go the docs, could be a skin condition that flares up due to being run down/low immune system. they can recom. a cream, or try the Pharmacy first and see.

buck53

I’m not of that age yet but knocking on 30 and still get all sorts of spots if left unchecked.

Years and years of experimenting have shown that the most important things for me are a good cream wash that I can use daily without drying my skin out, an exfoliating wash to use twice a week or so (usually when I shave) and moisturising with a non-oily balm. This seems counter intuitive but moisturised skin means you won’t produce as much oil/sebum.

In short; cleanse, tone, moisturise.

tonyd

Docs probably won’t do much. I started getting patches of really dry skin around my arms, shoulders and back when very run down, tired, and stressed. I’m pretty sure it started before the kids came along but it certainly got worse when they did.

I went to the quack and he said its eczema, gave me some cream, and sent me on my way. It never really cleared up until I started getting more sleep, oddly enough around the time the youngest turned two.

CaptJon
    Free Member

tonyd – Member
    Docs probably won’t do much. I started getting patches of really dry skin around my arms, shoulders and back when very run down, tired, and stressed. I’m pretty sure it started before the kids came along but it certainly got worse when they did.

I went to the quack and he said its eczema, gave me some cream, and sent me on my way. It never really cleared up until I started getting more sleep, oddly enough around the time the youngest turned two.

So, use a two year-old to exfoliate.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well its nothing to worry too much about. I had a similar problem at 35 and I tried everything to clear it up. Most of the time the spots would appear on my nose and I’d have to bust them at least twice a day. After a couple of years and lots of expense I went to the Docs. He sent me to a dermatologist and he then prescribed a course of Racitain. I had to lay off beer and some other food groups like dairy and the treatment lasted 12 weeks. During that time my skin died out, was thirsty most of the time. ACHED like an old git but after the course I finally got rid of them.
    Turns out I was having a bout of puberty again and over producing oils and the like.
    It’s very common, hope over to your Doc.
    I’m clear now BTW.

maccruiskeen

Milk/ Dairy perhaps. Some people, like me for instance, can’t deal with something in milk (its not the lactose) which results in your skin puffing up slightly (not so that you can see, but you’d feel the difference once you stop eating/drinking it) and that makes pores clog more easily and zits occur.

Try cutting it out for a week or so, but you need to really zealous – read the all the labels, theres skimmed milk powder in fricking everything! Things like marg and bread (if you don’t make it yourself) are both pretty milky too. Seems pretty hardcore but it’ll be apparent in a few days if its helpful or not.

zokes
    Free Member

I grew a beard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘spots/blemishes/zits post-40’ is closed to new replies.