• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spots on your gooch…
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Or perineal to give it its proper term.

I spend a fair few hours in the saddle a week and lately have been suffering with these sometimes up to 2 or 3 sore lumpy spots in this tender region.
    Is this normal?
    Do you suffer from them?
    To squeeze or not to squeeze?
    And how can I prevent it?

Don’t quite fancy going to doctors with them just yet!

Fire away….

martinhutch

Sounds like ingrown hairs to me. Soak in bath, Sudocrem a couple of times a day, maybe swap your saddle to change your contact position slightly?

amedias
    Free Member

I sometimes suffer form these, almost like boils that havent quite made it yet if you know what I mean…

I only tend to get them if I’ve had a heavy week >200miles, or sometimes after individual long >100mile rides, but there’s no obvious cause, ie: no particular seam chaffing or anything like that. It is worth making sure it’s not being caused by your saddle or clothing though, sometimes it’s an obvious ‘bit’ on either causing pressure or rubbing, but sometimes not.

I find a combination of sudocrem and cleanliness normally rids me of them in a day or three. I know its obvious but keeping clean down there is very important.

I’m sometimes guilty of coming in from a ride, then lounging around with a cup of tea or snack and not having a shower for an hour or two (filthy I know!), I get noticeably fewer issues when I make a point of not doing this. Get home, shower straight away.

Oh, and don’t squeeze! Unless they actually have a head that’s about to go of it’s own accord all you’ll do is inflame and aggrevate it, and possibly worse, push it deeper..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wipe the area with TCP, sudocrem on the spots.

That and getting showered and changed ASAP after riding.

(edit: pretty much what amedias said).

Don’t ride if they hurt, the last thing you want is one bursting and getting infected by something really nasty.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Saddle sores (infected follicles).Don’t squeeze them.Use chamois cream (it’s antiseptic) and sudocrem afterwards.
    Mostly, keep your bits clean.
    I was riding 6 days a week (1100 miles a month) and suffered really badly after a couple of months.Using an anti bacterial additive in the washing helped loads.

DezB
    Free Member

I had one on my scrote. Little hard lump, wouldn’t go away and made riding really uncomfortable. I squeezed it and put Germoline on it and it’s fine now.. Laydeez, calm yourselves 🙂
    Shows we blokes weren’t designed for riding bikes – all that hair down there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spots on your gooch…’ is closed to new replies.