Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spotify vs Apple Music?
  • jam-bo

Thinking about jumping from Spotify to Apple Music? I was looking at a Spotify family sub and realised there are many things that annoy me about Spotify.

Anyone else moved and regretted it?

ade9933
    Free Member

The main problem with migrating for me is the playlist transition.

I’m hacked off with Spotify because they won’t do (or attempt to do) anything about adding an explicit lyrics filter for kids / events etc.

jam-bo

Seems to be a couple of apps out there that’ll do it.

ade9933
    Free Member

Have you actually tried them yet 🙁

jam-bo

That bad? Even the paid for ones?

robvalentine

I’ve just jumped Tom Apple Music to Spotify, as after the last iOS update it duplicated everything I ever downloaded/added from Apple Music / iTunes Store. Which was irritating. Also Spotify has a web player so I can use it on my work computer.

Downside to Spotify is you can ‘only’ import 10,000 of your own songs in the Spotify app. I have just over double that in my library….. I’ll probably switch to google play music once my 3 month promo is up as you can upload up to 20,000 of your own songs and they have a web player.

In short Apple Music is still buggy, but you can have all of your music in one app.

jam-bo

All done. Found an app called Houdini which seemed to work pretty well for £2.

Either way it’s three free months at Apple Music so will save £45 even if I don’t like it and go back to Spotify.

Jamie
    Free Member

Too late now, but Mooval is pretty good for jumping between services.

I have not used my Apple free trial yet, but switched from Spotify to Deezer as two things annoyed me enough to jump.

1. No option to ban an artist.
    2. When adding an album to fav album, it adds all the albums songs to fav song and artist lists. Same if removed….from either list. (described better here)

Being able to control Spotify app on another computer, via the iOS app, is pretty swish, tho.

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks for the playlist move tips. The ones I used had <30% success.

Will try those.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spotify vs Apple Music?’ is closed to new replies.