• This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Spotify Users!
  • acidtest
    Free Member

At last, a way to organise and find your music by Genre. Previously you’d have to search with genre:[thegenre] which was looooong. This site helps so much, not perfect but sooooo much better than the alternative.

“Organize your Spotify music by any of a wide range of musical attributes including genre, mood, decade of release and more.”

http://static.echonest.com/OrganizeYourMusic

DezB
    Free Member

Mood? Mood??! Ugh
    And it isn’t “Your” music. You rent it.

(Apart from that, I’m sure it’s a great site 😛 )

scaredypants

you in a mood Dez? – I could suggest some tunes

acidtest
    Free Member

Please don’t let this become a thread on what’s better, owning cds or renting it off the internet, so fukking boring.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m happy as a pig in shit, me 🙂
    And don’t moan, if I hadn’t posted a reply this woulda disappeared by now 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Please don’t let this become a thread on what’s better, owning cds or renting it off the internet, so fukking boring.

I rent vinyl. Best of both worlds.

doris5000

And it isn’t “Your” music. You rent it.

it isn’t ‘your’ music if you have it on CD or vinyl either, you just have a license to listen to it 😛

DezB
    Free Member

Best … U Shore?

acidtest
    Free Member

And don’t moan, if I hadn’t posted a reply this woulda disappeared by now

lol, you think your opinion matters.

DezB
    Free Member

Not in the slightest!

DezB
    Free Member

Use this thread to ask a couple of Splotify questions instead of starting a new one…

1. why do albums always play on Shuffle? Not clicking the “shuffle” button, but selecting track 1.. how do I play in order?
    2. Why is “playback” Setting greyed out (ipad app)? Thought might be a setting in there to sort 1. but not accessible.

thanks 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    cubist
    Free Member

I think it remembers if you shuffled last time. Click the button with the 2 crossed arrows when you start track one. Then it plays in order until you turn shuffle back on.

martinhutch

1. why do albums always play on Shuffle? Not clicking the “shuffle” button, but selecting track 1.. how do I play in order?

You click this symbol to turn shuffle on/off during playback.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I think it remembers if you shuffled last time. Click the button with the 2 crossed arrows when you start track one. Then it plays in order until you turn shuffle back on.

Why is shuffle generally the deafult in this attention span lacking world?
    If an artist agonises over which teacks and in which order to put them onto an ablum, isn’t it a bit disrespectful to shuffle the tracks by default?

martinhutch

Because the majority of people will be just using playlists, I guess. Then again, I used to agonise over the correct ordering of tracks on a playlist in the cassette era.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks mh. Didn’t spot the shuffle icon cos I have to actually expand the current track to see it.
    Usually have my whole library on shuffle, but was trying to listen to a couple of things and didn’t want it, one being a mix er, CD.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Spotify Users!’ is closed to new replies.