Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Spotify streaming to speakers ?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

I have talked the wife into this being a good idea so help me out.
    I have Spotify and I’m looking for some sort of wireless streaming thingy bobby. So I can run my tv and Spotify through an amp to speakers or directly to the speakers.
    Sonos seems to be the way to go but are there other alternatives?
    Like Amazon echo or Google

eskay

Echo dot (the more expensive one does not have line out). Nice and cheap, I have one in the kitchen through a speaker.

footflaps

Sonos works really well….

Sandwich

Gramofon unit has line out 59 Euros mail order.

whatgoesup

Google Chromecast audio will do this – quality very good as long as you turn “high quality” mode on.

I’ve heard that the audio out quality of Echo dots is not very good – not sure how true this is but worth checking out assuming you’re streaming to a proper amp and speakers.

I use a Raspberry Pi with an additional DAC and running “Volumio 2” software which does Spotify streaming and is very good – also has Apple airplay which is pretty convenient – allows streaming of iPlayer radio, TuneIn radio etc from the phone.

DrP

Chromecast/echo dot etc will do this.

I’ve had both.

Out the same speakers.

No noted difference from me. Chromecast has optical out, but echo dot has headphone jack or BT..

DrP

Drac

Echo you can Bluetooth so no need for the line out, they’re actually Ok in themselves as a speaker too.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I just use my iPad to stream Spotify directly to a Monitor Audio Bluetooth speaker – no seperate amp required. Works a treat – but might require something like Apple TV / Chromecast to connect into your existing setup?

duncancallum

Blue tooth receiver on your amp?

whatgoesup

Its good to hear that the echo dot audio out quality is actually OK, that’s what stopped me getting one in the post-Christmas sales. I might reconsider….

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Do you have a smart TV? Can you get Spotify on the smart bit? Is your TV and amp connected now? A Firestick will do it too, with the bonus of having the Firestick stuff.

wilburt
    Free Member

I have an Echo Dot connected to a good amp and speakers iand Synced to Spotify. It’s not as good as a (high quality)CD or Vinyl but I’m constantly surprised at just how good it is and I suspect 99% of people would consider it very good and the convenience means it get used the most.

bigyim
    Free Member

On average forums someone had recommended these for a thread someone started. They look like a pretty good option ?
    https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/bt3-active-bookshelf-speakers-with-bluetooth.html#specs
    At the moment I have a JBL soundbar and subwoofer but it’s crap. I used to have separates and a full 5.1 setup but the wife decided to buy a stupid new TV unit that I couldn’t get my AV receiver in

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Sonos works well as others have said, but you can also connect to a BT speaker.

petec
    Free Member

i’ve just sold all my separates, and floor speakers and got a pair of yoyo m. Very good, decent stereo sound, completely wireless (batteries in them). Love them actually.

Also got a few smaller BT speakers, and google homes, and the difference in sound is very noticeable.

deadkenny
    Free Member

As said, if you’ve got the amp, Spotify in Smart TV if it’s Smart, or Amazon Fire stick/TV.

If the amp takes HDMI you can plug an Amazon stick/box direct into the amp too (and as I’ve discovered seems the only way to get full 5.1 as the TV wouldn’t pass through 5.1 through the return channel to the amp unless it’s from the Smart TV stuff itself. Though not an issue for two channel music).

Gilesey
    Free Member

Q acoustics BT3 here – love ’em. Noticeable improvement using optical from Chromecast audio over Bluetooth to my ears. Bonus that they also take a phono input from my mac and switch automatically when they get a CCA signal. Only downside is they do switch themselves off so I end up reaching for the power button or remote ctrl more than I’d like.

ampthill

The Q acoustics looks like a good little system

I have 2 systems for spotify

Aether cone

85% off!

Now £30

I doesn’t like £300 but it sound like maybe £100

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/content/aether-cone-wireless-speaker

Or I connect to my 5.1 Amplifier

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-531

VX-531 must have been named for the cycling market. It sounds brilliant in stereo the old Onkyo was rubbish

TheFlyingOx

Yamaha MusicCast here. RXV681 AV amp for TV/surround sound duty and a single WX010 wireless speaker in the kitchen. I’m very impressed, will be upgrading the kitchen to stereo with another WX010 and getting a WX030 for the bedroom.

It’s considerably cheaper than Bose/Sonos, and I reckon you have to trust Yamaha when it comes to sound. They’ll have made a not-insignificant proportion of the instruments that made the music you want to listen to.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Spotify streaming to speakers ?’ is closed to new replies.