Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Spotify Connect – will it do what I want it to do,
  • gwaelod
    Free Member

Me and kids have Spotify accounts – via Spotify Family.

I’m about to get a speaker to sit in the kitchen. If I get one with Spotify connect will it allow child a to send her spotify to the speaker, then an hour later when shes finished cooking and child b comes in allow her to seamlessley send her spotify to the speaker, then later let me send my spotify to it when Im doing the dishes and sorting out the mess they’ve made.

Or – will the speaker just associate itself with one account and refuse spotify connections from the other family members.

I’ve tried reading up on Spotify site about this but its not clear at all.

I’m inclined to get a decent Bluetooth speaker and hang a chromecast audio out the back of it powered from a charging port.

nickdavies

No it won’t. Spotify family and connect don’t play ball together. To do what you want I’d just get a Bluetooth speaker that can hold enough devices paired for the household and just play Spotify to that from each phone.

IIRC you can’t even have a spare phone set up with its own ‘kitchen’ Spotify account because the connect knocks out the other family members listening to their own accounts concurrently.

gwaelod
    Free Member

FFS

what a bag of arse….

BoardinBob

Sonos will do what you want.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Not sure I want to spend Sonia sorts of money

neilc1881
    Free Member

Not quite sure about your bluetooth issue but we have a Roberts radio with Spotify connection via the wifi. It lives in the kitchen and we do exactly as you described. Multiple Spotify accounts for family, each able to play on the radio when they want to.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Now I’m confused!!

Kieran

The wife and I share a Spotify family account. We have several wifi connected (mainly Chromecast Audio’s) dotted around the house and can do exactly what you are requiring.

If she’s playing music in the Kitchen and I don;t like it I can take control and start playing music from mine immediately 😀

gwaelod
    Free Member

so do different hardware manufacturers implement Spotify Connect differently?

doris5000

The wife and I share a Spotify family account. We have several wifi connected (mainly Chromecast Audio’s) dotted around the house and can do exactly what you are requiring.

If she’s playing music in the Kitchen and I don;t like it I can take control and start playing music from mine immediately

We do all that, with a Spotify normal account (paid for, but not a family account).

When the chromecast isn’t busy crashing or losing connection, obviously.

jwt
    Free Member

I have an old laptop connected to a multi room amp, my daughter plays her spotify account through my account so we don’t have to keep logging different accounts in and out. I think she made her playlists public to achieve this?

gwaelod
    Free Member

what happens if kids pals come round and try and play their spotify via your spotify connect kit (lets ignore chromecast as they have a guest mode AIUI)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Spotify Connect – will it do what I want it to do,’ is closed to new replies.