Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SPOT Tracker Auto Bloody Renewal!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Just received my CC bill only to find that SPOT auto renewal your subscription. No email reminder, nothing, not even an email to say we have renewed your licence. £185 for one year and I have no intention of using the damn thing.

Anyone else been caught out by this?

scotroutes

Yes, it auto-renews. Fine by me as I use mine. I don’t pay £185 though (unless it’s gone up due to exchange rate?) Thanks for the reminder to look into it.

whitestone
    Free Member

There was a thread about this either on her or on BearBones about the automatic renewal and no reminder.

Do you have a calendar application on your computer and/or mobile? If so then set a reminder. I do this for all my major renewals like home and car insurance (even though in this case the insurance broker get in touch a month or so beforehand)

Edit: I think My subscription was about £130 earlier this year

km79
    Free Member

Not spot tracker no, but have several times before with other annual subscriptions. Now I make a habit of subscribing then cancelling straight away.

flanagaj
    Free Member

When I took the licence I didn’t even notice it auto renewed. I think it’s naughty they don’t send a reminder. But then again they are not the only ones that don’t.

scotroutes

Just checked back all my emails. I did get a reminder in 2014, one month before renewal, but not last year. Might be worth dropping them an email to them, asking them to do this in future.

Oh – and they do chase up expiring credit/debit cards so that’s another reminder (only every couple of years or so though).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SPOT Tracker Auto Bloody Renewal!’ is closed to new replies.