Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spot the difference..
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Can you see any differences between this saddle:

and this one:

?

I can.

For some reason, the otherwise very helpful assistant at a certain on-line bike part retailer wasn’t able to discern any difference whatsoever between the two, while we were both on the phone and looking at exactly the same images.

People working in bike shops really do sometimes absolutely baffle me.

(For what it’s worth, the top saddle – the one that I’d ordered from the picture on their website – has now been discontinued – and replaced with the other one. Otherwise unbeknownst, I would have received a saddle I didn’t want, unless I’d engaged in this somewhat Orwellian conversation)

Houns

I’d rather have the bottom one, looks nicer

trailflow
    Free Member

What dont you like about the new design?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Top one is slightly more subtle. I like subtle. You are right to want that one.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Subtle.

It’s a nod to the heritage of Nuke Proof as a brand some might fondly remember, without shouting about it in a lairy Monster Energy downhill freeride kind of way.

Unfortunately, most of the NP revised saddle models seem to fit the shouty-shouty yellow-on-black goppingness school of thought, which is about as subtle and tasteful as a mouth full of wasps.

Shame, really. 😐

aracer
    Free Member

The top one is really, really discete, so much so that you just wouldn’t notice it at all. The bottom one is extremely garish, such that it would be the first thing you noticed on any bike. 🙄

I can see why it’s such a big deal to you 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

I agree with aracer.

Night and day, wouldn’t be seen dead on the bottom one, even though the kevlar sides will last way longer.

unovolo
    Free Member

Bottom one looks like its got more padding too but that could be the camera angle.
    Top ones the winner from a aesthetic point of view.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spot the difference..’ is closed to new replies.