Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • "Spot" head light to go with P7 bar light?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I'd like to get a helmet-mounted light to supplement the Airbike P7 bar-mounted light I currently use for nightrides.

The Airbike light gives a good flood of illumination, but doesn't quite go far enough for fast, open sections (which are quite rare on night rides).

Was thinking about the Exposure Diablo, as it can be had for £150 and seems well designed, but I'm aware that's also a P7 and some online comment says it's a bit 'floody'.

Also considered those DX torches, but these might have the same issue.

Wondered if anyone's been in a similar dilemma and what you did?

Northwind

I run with 2 DX torches, they're both floody but with the sheer power they kick out it works out pretty well for range. Loads of people seem to recommend an XP-E or G-based torch for a headlight but I'm not convinced, they tend to be more spotlighty but the weaker beam hurts that, I don't think it's as effective on the trail as a simple 2 P7 setup. Still, I'm not totally sure this is what you need, since I find the range of one P7 generally OK anyway so maybe you need more than me.

The Diablo's really just an incredibly expensive P7 torch, it actually has worse funcitonality than the £20 DX ones because of the nonremovable battery. Nicer beam pattern but that just can't make up for the price or the lack of lifespan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘"Spot" head light to go with P7 bar light?’ is closed to new replies.