Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Sports you've never done
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just going on from the boxing thread really, I think I’ve done a fair few, but there are some that I haven’t ever tried. Like Tennis I suppose, I’ve picked up a raquet and hit a ball against a wall, but never played a game…..so
    Tennis
    Squash
    Golf
    Cricket
    Judo
    Archery
    Sailing
    Snow boarding
    Many more, but they’re some of the popular sports I’ve not done.

Klunk
    Free Member

good school you went to 😯

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve never played a proper game of football

molgrips
    Free Member

Wish I’d taken up rugby properly. I’d have been good at it.

I also fancy martial arts but never tried it.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Mountain biking

oldgit
    Free Member

good school you went to

When I was a kid you were taken out of most sports if you were good at one. So I ended up running for my school and County. And bizarely my Spanish teacher taught Fencing, and………cyclocross which is probably why I’m on here now.

sssimon
    Free Member

always fancied doing some rowing but never got round to it now live too far from anywhere that has a club

rkk01
    Free Member

Polygamy… 😯

I’ve heard mixed reviews…

Is it worth a try??
    I’ve never been all that bothered by team sports

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have never played underwater hockey.

oldgit
    Free Member

Mountain biking

DrRSwank, don’t worry only seven STW’ers ever have done.

yunki
    Free Member

Other than cycling and leisure swimming I have never voluntarily taken part in a sporting activity..

yossarian
    Free Member

Martial arts
    Squash
    Surfing

I think I’ve tried pretty much everything else. Hated tennis probably more than any other sport.

Garry_Lager

Never skied, snow boarded or done any winter sport.

They look great, but happy to give them a miss – you can’t do everything. Might try them when the bairns are a bit older – skiing looks fun for kids.

_tom_
    Free Member

Skiing though this will probably change later this year.
    Rugby, never was into it.
    Martial arts.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Swimming. I can’t swim. And I’m not interested, either.

oldgit
    Free Member

Swimming. I can’t swim. And I’m not interested, either

No canal side riding for you then, blimey though!

You’d make a good goal keeper in underwater hockey 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

SKiing (but can’t due to injury and wont’ as a boarder).
    Martial arts – always fancied it never got around to it.
    Otherwise tried numerous sports as went to PGL camps as a kid and love sport of most kinds (was going to say any but I hate football, snooker, darts and cricket).

jimster
    Free Member

Always liked the look of Cross Country Ski-ing.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve XC skiied, it’s just fabulous. Really really miss it 🙁 Zipping about in snowy woods was profoundly special for me, and I am properly sad about not being able to do it.

racefaceec90

i never enjoyed pe at my school.having to play football/rugby (i do not like either)e.t.c as for sports i haven’t done yet how long have you got 😉 (although i would like to get back into martial arts as i enjoyed that (but was rubbish 😳 mountain biking is my favourite sport (but is way more than that to me 😀

rkk01
    Free Member

Very much fancy XC skiing.

Always wanted to do rugby, but just wasn’t available at school

thepurist

We did most usual things at school, but despite doing a bit of wind surfing I’ve never been on a sailing boat of any kind.

I do, however, play underwater hockey regularly 😀

nedrapier

Pretty sure I’d really like kite surfing, windsurfing and scuba diving but I’ve got enough expensive hobbies/sports that I don’t do enough of already.

Like the idea of xc skiing, but if there’s any touring to be done, I think I’d rather be doing that. Might be nice to do a lap or two after work if I lived somewhere appropriate, though.

Same with the other three, I guess. If I moved to Malta, say, I can imagine getting kitted up for quick and easy doorstep fun.

uplink
    Free Member

Further to my never having played football

I’ve never actually watched a match either, I’ve obviously seen it going on in the park and on TV etc. but never actully watched a game – not bad for 53 eh?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Football, hate it.
    Hockey, but wish I had.
    Cricket, ZzzzZzzzzz, ugh oh… Zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz.
    Netball, but so wanted to watch but was kept away at skool.
    Lacrosse, MrsBouy looks fabulous in a skirt, but wouldn’t want to play against her.
    Arm wrestling, don’t have the tatoos.
    Cards, about as boring as Cricket.
    Naked Twister, need to try this before I die.
    Tight Rope Walking, fear of falling.
    Hang Gliding, Tried it and cried like a girl.
    Marbles, more boring than Cricket.

DezB
    Free Member

I think I’ve tried, and been totally average at, just about everything!

Never raced on a road bike. Or been part of a road bike club. And never will 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve done quite a few martial arts. Karate, Kung Fu, Judo. Mostly I did Kick Boxing until I got bored of getting my head kicked in by feckless idiots.

I’d never done Akido though. (For the uninitiated, it’s what Steven Seagal does). Always fancied it though, I love the way it looks so effortless. Steven seems to just stand there making small hand gestures while his enemies fly about screaming in agony.

So I did it last Tuesday for the first time. Enjoyed it a lot but I must be doing it wrong. I came away aching all over, my thighs were still killing me a week later.

CountZero

Not done this, though I’d love to;

Not got the money, sadly. Not done rock climbing, swimming, surfing, tennis, most martial arts, other than Wado Ryu Karate…
    I only did footy, rugby and cricket at school, and long jump and javelin, oh and cross country, but just not athletic and crap at all of them. Did archery though, and enjoyed that.
    Mountain biking’s the only sport I’ve stuck at. Just not competitively.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Sports you've never done’ is closed to new replies.