Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sports Pursuit Returns
  • verses

Anyone returned things to Sports Pursuit?

I’m going through the return process at the moment, but just discovered that the returns slip doesn’t have pre-paid postage.

Anyone know if the postage gets refunded, as it might not be worth returning by the time postage costs are taken into account?

donncha

As far as I remember you have to pay the postage yourself.
    I had to make a special request for refunded postage when I returned a item they sent out incorrectly.

verses

Have to say, it’ll make me think twice about using them again. With delivery and return postage costs, it’s going to have cost me about £8 to try on a pair of trainers…

Flaperon

They’re only obliged to refund the postage involved in sending it to you, not back.

donncha

Can take up to 30 days to receive a refund as well…

Speshpaul

SP are great when everything is great, but when it goes wrong they are crap.

Like wise £9 down on returning a pair of boots that where the wrong size. And i don’t mean i ordered a 9 and could have done with a 10, I ordered a 10 and these came up as 7-8, just way off wrong.
    I guess thats why they were cheap- 2nds?

verses

Flaperon – Member

They’re only obliged to refund the postage involved in sending it to you, not back. Well that’s something, I wasn’t sure I’d get that back. Trying on trainers has now reduced in price to about a fiver…

verses

Just noticed the URL had a 1 in it, looks like I’m not the first to ask 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sports-pursuit-returns

the-muffin-man

Well that’s something, I wasn’t sure I’d get that back. Trying on trainers has now reduced in price to about a fiver…

Are they still cheaper than if you went to a high street shop to buy them?

ElShalimo

donncha – Member 
    Can take up to 30 days to receive a refund as well…

It’s usually better than 30 days, I sent something back on Thursday, got the refund today

I’m not sure why they have a bad reputation as I’ve always found them to be excellent

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

yep I’m the same and you know when you buy something you have to pay for P&P and returns so it’s at your own risk. I’ve bought some cracking stuff off them.

iolo
    Free Member

Is there a reason they should pay postage as the customer changed their mind?
    There’s a reason they can keep their prices low.

Drac

The original cost of the outbound postage to you should always be refunded by the seller.
    The seller’s terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning the item.
    If they don’t state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.

dmorts

Used them and returned items to them with no issues. Refund was quick, within a week

What I do when buying trainers from anywhere online ( or buying anything that would might vary in fit, e.g. helmet) is order at least 2 sizes and factor in the return postage of one pair to overall cost.

just discovered that the returns slip doesn’t have pre-paid postage.

It’s good that some places offer free returns but they’re not obliged to. Remember that mail order is also saving you the cost of going to shop to buy things, e.g. fuel, bus fare etc.

dmorts

Like wise £9 down on returning a pair of boots that where the wrong size. And i don’t mean i ordered a 9 and could have done with a 10, I ordered a 10 and these came up as 7-8, just way off wrong.
    I guess thats why they were cheap- 2nds?

I’d have asked for refund of postage in this case if the sizing was way off, showing them by taking a picture of my own size 10 trainers next to the wrongly sized ones, sole to sole. Or pulled out the insole and lined it up with a size 10 insole from something else. I think it’s reasonable to ask for a refund if there appears to be genuine fault.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t they use Collect+ ? So it’s free to return anyway?

Refunds do not take 30 days!
    Never had a problem with their returns service.

verses

Are they still cheaper than if you went to a high street shop to buy them?

Not quite sure what you mean. Had I seen them in a high street shop I wouldn’t have bought them and that wouldn’t have cost me anything.

Is there a reason they should pay postage as the customer changed their mind?
    There’s a reason they can keep their prices low.

In my case I haven’t changed my mind, the trainers look very different in the flesh compared to how they did in the photos.

It’s good that some places offer free returns but they’re not obliged to.

I’ve no problem with this, it’s my own fault for not making sure before I ordered. I’m used to Wiggle/etc offering very good returns options. Now I’m aware, I’ll be hesitant to buy from them without being 100% sure that what I’m ordering is as I expect.

Don’t they use Collect+ ? So it’s free to return anyway?

It’s an option for delivery but seemingly not for returns.

Cougar

What Drac said. If they don’t make it clear before purchase that you’re liable for return postage, then they are.

verses

I can’t find it explicitly stated either way on their site;
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/delivery-returns/

http://www.sportpursuit.com/faqs/

Although it’s quite possible I’ve skimmed over it.

ThePilot
    Free Member

I think there are some people new to the concept of internet shopping on this thread 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It is clear you have to pay returns it says it on there!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sports Pursuit Returns’ is closed to new replies.