Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • sports massage ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

any one got an miricle storys to tell ?

Been suggested i get my arse to one with my achillies problems. I vaguely remember one making me “work” again after my first solo 10 … but other than that ive had the need to go to one.

Stoner
    Free Member

I use one very, very rarely usually to fix my back when it’s gone into massive spasm. It works well (I get much better range of motion afterwards), but Im lazy and dont continue to do the recommended stretches afterwards/all the time. So Im usually only 70% of my achieveable suppleness. Mrs S is a runner who stretches everyday and goes to sports massage/physio once a week as well as yoga so is of course as bendy as a noodle in a sock.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lol , im strangly bendy …. can pick up a piece of paper off the floor with my teeth without touching the floor with my hands ….(it was a challenge at a new years party)

I may have to start doing more stretching …just getting old by the look of it …. ::O

think i shall book with the masseuse though , cant hurt ,only 15 quid and she seems to know her shit from what my mate who used her for a back problem tells me

IanMunro
    Free Member

A friend of mine does it. I found it suprisingly effective at reducing a long term knee problem apparently related to tight ligaments. I was limping a bit the day after ,she’s not gentle :), but it was a hell of alot better afterwards.

coatesy
    Free Member

A friend of mine does it in the Cardiff area, and it’s helped my legs and back quite a lot.I can’t believe how much pain they can generate with so little pressure:)
    If you’re in our area she can be contacted by googling Vitality fitness, highly recommended.

Smee
    Free Member

Terry, your comment there about being bendy may well be the source of your problem. Give me a shout and I’ll tell you more about it.

ourmaninthenorth

Yep, it’s great. It – apart from the drugs* – is what keeps multi-day racers going.

I get a massage once a week from an former Olympic level road soigneur/masseur. He’s 81 but by god he fixes my legs up a treat.

You may, however, be loking more at physio if it’s a specific injury problem.

crazy-legs

I used to have regular sports massages all the way through uni and then for a few years when I lived in Lancaster. There was a sports physio woman who worked out of the local gym, she was fantastic and has sorted out various injuries and also just remedial work. I tend to suffer with tight IT bands which stretching alone doesn’t solve. Only had a couple of massages since I moved away, up til now I haven’t managed to find anyone local and cheap.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Mrs BS is a sports and remedial massuse (sp?) LSSM (London School of sports massage) trained, in Leicester if any use to anyone?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sports massage ?’ is closed to new replies.