• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sporting spirit.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was wondering if time spent among athletes who compete for love of their chosen sport, rather than enormous fame and salaries, will prompt the overpaid, self-obsessed and puerile footballers of the nation to tone down their narcissism and sh@gging of each other’s wives when the horror of the soccer season is once again upon us?

Lifer
    Free Member

Don’t hold your breath.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No.
    But it has been fun winding up the football lovers down the pub about how useless the players look in comparison to the rest of team GB

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nahhhh go on hold your breath, chances are you’ll die long before they have filled up their Porsche Cayanne fuel tanks..*

*this may not be such a good idea.

matt_bl
    Free Member

The Brownlee brothers come across as the most down-to-earth sporting champions I have heard of. Total heroes!

Jonny Brownlee was on the radio this morning and was genuinely really chuffed that the local bakery had made them a giant brownie.

Matt

MSP

I have said it before on other threads, I have been impressed by the sheer happiness and celebrations for winning in these games, far far better than the chest thumping and pouting produced by Rooney et al.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sporting spirit.’ is closed to new replies.