Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sport Pursuit website
  • singletracksurfer

Has or does anyone use this?

I’m a bit dubious as a warning on the PC pops up to say its not a secure website.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep, used it loads of times. All good.

Innes
    Free Member

It’s a good site, they are good with returns, but delivery can be slow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If there is a problem with security I’d avoid paying for anything at the moment.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

It’s a legitimate site. The estimated delivery date should be next to the product you’re looking at. I just ordered some winter Helly Hansen tops – delivery date should be 18-20th March – just in time for summer 🙂

kimbers

its legit
    but the website is soooo slow
    and has some bargains if not needed immediately
    dont forget to add on postage

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It may be a legit site but if they are firing alarms then why would you give your card details, could be a tiny issue with certs or could be more than that.

Rio

I’m not seeing any problems with the site. Do you know where the warning’s coming from – is it your browser or one of the more vociferous denial of service “Internet security” products or something else?

GrahamS

Yeah site is certainly legit. Been on the go a good while now, plenty of people on here (including me) have used them and got much bargainz!

BUT.. as mike says, investigate what the warning is. (Chances are it’s bollocks, but I’d still be cautious until you know for sure)

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not secure in that it takes money off you every time you go on it. Maybe thats just me… I mean, trainers for £14.99!

wrecker
    Free Member

The wera stuff on there at the moment isn’t such a bargain.

GrahamS

Yeah you have to be careful of “the poundland effect”.

Just because some things are a proper bargain on there doesn’t mean that they all are. It is easy to get sucked in and then realise you could have bought cheaper elsewhere without the shipping delay.

scotroutes

Just had a look at the site and didn’t get any security warnings.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’m a member but never actually bought anything. In practice I’ve found they don’t really have lower prices than you can find elsewhere, while offering a narrower range.

windyg
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few things without issue.
    Slow yes but you are made aware of when the expected delivery will be.

cloudnine
    Free Member

There’s a sitewide 20% off code floating around for today only.. I can’t access the email from my phone to post the code..

AlexSimon

MrSalmon – Member

I’m a member but never actually bought anything. In practice I’ve found they don’t really have lower prices than you can find elsewhere, while offering a narrower range.
    This. Often the things are available quicker from other places too.

singletracksurfer

Thanks. Good to know the actual business is legit.

Its Trusteer Report which come sup when I enter the password, and takes me to this info page http://www.trusteer.com/support/insecure-website-warning

atlaz
    Free Member

They’re taking end of line (and sometimes end of business) stock for the most part. It’s TK Maxx for sport. Online.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s TK Maxx for sport. Online.

Yeah, that’s how I’d come to see it. I don’t get much from TK Maxx either!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Main issue is they often send you a huge great mug with sportspursuit on it. Luckily a riding mate gladly took the last one off me for some reason.

AlexSimon

They’ve got a slightly different business model to TK Maxx.
    They don’t hold stock.
    They are essentially a shop window for distributors/manufacturers to clear out their items without the prices being searchable on the internet or other shops having to price match against them.

So the stuff to be sold, gets put on sportpursuit, then once the ‘sale period’ finishes, they process all the orders at once and send it through to the distributor/manufacturer. So far things I’ve bought have come from Sportpursuit themselves, but I wouldn’t be surprised is some items are shipped direct from source.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As above. Legit, but slow as they’re basically a clearing house using suppliers’ dead stock.

If you’re getting alarms I’d wait.

wukfit
    Free Member

Main issue is they often send you a huge great mug with sportspursuit on it. Luckily a riding mate gladly took the last one off me for some reason.

I’ve never got one, are you sure you’re not thinking of Sports Direct?

Rio

Its Trusteer Report

I’ve just been on the site with a browser that has Trusteer Rapport and didn’t get any warnings. Might be worth looking at your Trusteer settings?

DezB
    Free Member

They’ve got a slightly different business model to TK Maxx.

and it’s easier to find stuff. 😉

gfrew88
    Free Member

used them a few times, all is good

dragon
    Free Member

I got good service from them when they shipped a pair of trainers with insoles too small. However, cost wise I don’t think they aren’t anything special, as others have said you can normally find items cheaper elsewhere.

jimmy

I’ve realised that’s true. For stuff available in the UK you can normally get it cheaper elsewhere when free postage considered. But it no longer seems such a bargain or has that “oooh I’d better buy it quick” effect.

(off for a wee nebbie)

theflatboy
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member
    There’s a sitewide 20% off code floating around for today only.. I can’t access the email from my phone to post the code..

Code is SP-LYD-20, as I discovered to my expensive peril last night! As mentioned, 20% off everything.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Code is SP-LYD-20, as I discovered to my expensive peril last night! As mentioned, 20% off everything.

Bottoms. That would have saved me £6 on a Helly Hansen top. 👿

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Sport Pursuit website’ is closed to new replies.