Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spoon Ti or Chromo
  • Joe

Does anyone know what the weight difference is?

alpin
    Free Member

not a lot, but Ti rails are not as strong as Cro-mo.

i’ve had three charge saddles. the cro-mo one has been retired as the covering is shagged. the two Ti railed one (one spoon and a knife) have met untimely deaths. one snapped and the other has bent after four rides.

i wish Charge made a spoon/knife saddle. the upper of a knife with spoon cro-mo rails.

also snapped a SLR ti railed one a year or so back.

sbob
    Free Member

According to the first two links in google, as I assume google is broken for you at the moment, the Ti is 15g heavier. 🙂

D0NK

alpin any trouble with creaking? Got a spoon last year and a creak has developed in the seating area, grab the nose of the saddle and push/pull and creak definitley seems to be coming from saddle or post head. Post is a raceface deus which was bought at the same time, got a pretty old deus which is fine so I doubt it’s that, not got my act together to test different saddle/post yet.

breadcrumb

I have both, the ti one it’s about 20g lighter iirc. It was 1g under the claimed weight.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Donk, I share your creaking. My Spoon pretty much creaked out of the box. It is one of tonight’s jobs to try and sort it. Most of the stuff I’ve read on the web seems to involve greasing the rails and the seat clamp bolts. Fingers crossed.

D0NK

My Spoon pretty much creaked out of the box.

mine definitely “developed” was fine to begin with, cheap and comfy saddle (I normally use flites) was quite happy with it until the creakage. Mate got one in the same sale, his seems ok.

takisawa2

I have had both. The difference was tiny. I do think the Ti one has the edge on comfort though. I got a second to keep as a spare, in case they stopped making them. 😕

Joe

ok…thanks. Ordered chromo rails.

fathomer

My knife creaks, a lot. However, I find squirting a load of GT85 in where the rails enter the shell gets rid of it for a couple of rides. Drives me nuts when I forget though!

breadcrumb

I have both, the ti one it’s about 20g lighter iirc. It was 1g under the claimed weight.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Fairy liquid to lubricate the rail sockets FTW.

jezandu
    Free Member

Isn’t the charge spoon titanium a slightly different saddle? The shape is the same but am I right in thinking they use leather and it needs more looking after? Love my spoon cromo and for the price you can’t go wrong.

fourbanger
    Free Member

They do leather and plastic cover version. Got a leather one on the road bike and never touched it. Doing fine.

alpin
    Free Member

my first Spoon Ti held out for quite a while without any extra looking after. a dodgy landing killed it though. the ti rails snapped clean.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spoon Ti or Chromo’ is closed to new replies.