Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spoof "Lat wiil & testament" emails take a more sinister turn
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

YOu know the ones: "$18,000,000 deposited into a bank account. Help me and you get 60% of the monies."

They're usually from Nigeria and the spelling and punctuation is just hillarious.

Today's came in the post.
    No word of a lie.
    Addressed to me in person telling me I was likely the only next of Kin, that a Mr Fisher died in a plane crash in Alaska, Flight 261, in 2000 and it's on official headed paper. It's been posted in the UK with a slightly strange franking mark, but "their offices" are based in Spain. Plus it looks to have been signed by hand.

It looked good up to this point: "It is in this regard that I decided to solicit your assistance by presenting you as the next of kin to the deceased. Although I have agreed on the following sharing ratios……. this transaction is 100% risk free and so it continued.

Has anyone else been on the end of such a letter?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Are you next of kin for a Mr Fisher?

soobalias
    Free Member

fonejacker voice required to read that.

duckman

Ti29er;I have always admired you from afar and think you are a shining light on how to conduct oneself on an internet forum,now could you buy me a Cotic Soda.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Be kind to me or you will not share in my windfall!

(do not tell anyone or the Spanish / Nigerian authorities might rumble our little plan. Can of Soda in today's post. Please loan me $18,000,000 whist the money clears.)

terrahawk
    Free Member

I think that it differs to the usual scams in that IT'S ACTUALLY REAL AND YOU ARE NOW VERY RICH.

solarider
    Free Member

See here:

Maybe it's that chance in a million that it's true?

NAH! Seriously, there must actually be people out there that fall for this stuff.

will
    Free Member

strange! I would obviously put it in the bin. I get text messages saying i have been hurt and i can claim compensation. It just isn't true. 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

There are solarider. And not always who you would expect (eg. the thick).

konabunny
    Free Member

I get text messages saying i have been hurt and i can claim compensation. It just isn't true.

It isn't true YET, sunshine.
    <taps side of nose>

tonyg2003

Just googled it. Its a scam. Loads of posts about this as a sick scam.

Ti29er
    Free Member

But I want my money!
    (goes & sulks in the corner)

duckman

No probs with lending you the 18million ti29er,just email me your bank details and I will get right on it.

With blessings for you and all your family,may our association be fruitful for both of us.

Duckman.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are teams of people who go around looking for the next of kin of people who've died without a will. There was a TV series about it recently IIRC. People get real letters like this every day.

A quick spot of googling should be able to blow their cover tho, as tonyg seems to have done.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

This looks close to yours

flight 261 scam

but you never know…… 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spoof "Lat wiil & testament" emails take a more sinister turn’ is closed to new replies.