Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Sponsorship Deal?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

You are offered a sports sponsorship deal by a mysterious wizard. The wizard will give you $1,000,000 upfront to fund your 2017 season. All the wizard requires in return for the sponsorship is that:

– When competing, you wear a branded shirt (which he will provide);
    – You maintain a specified level of social media activity with reasonable engagement stats and use the hashtag #wizard in all your posts;
    – You do NOT accept sponsorship or endorsements from Red Bull during the season; and
    – You win one national-level event during the 2017 season.

If you fulfil the wizard’s terms, he will bless you with excellent digestive health. If you fail, you will be transformed into a tape-worm and forced to live for eternity inside Daniel Hannan.

The wizard offers you the choice of which sport to compete in. Would you choose:

Lawn bowls;
    Enduro mountainbiking;
    Ferret racing; or
    Warhammer 40,000?

And why?

(You cannot refuse the wizard’s offer, or he will post private photographs of you on Reddit.)

Send us your reckons… 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lawn bowls.

Think of all the single Ladies…

akira

Think I’m faster than a ferret so ferret racing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

I fear the OP has put rather too much thought into this. Or has imbibed a great many mind altering recreational substanses.

senorj

Lawn Bowls.
    I’d wear a bandana and bring some character to the sport. 😐

perchypanther
    Free Member

Enduro Ferret Bowling.

BigDummy
    Free Member

There is a fillum about that. Got Johnny Vegas in it and everything…

[video]https://youtu.be/ckLBJeZ0Xzk[/video]

BigDummy
    Free Member

Enduro Ferret Bowling.

This. Sounds. Awesome. 😀

jimdubleyou

Is this a bizarre way to get google to index “Red Bull” and “Tapeworm” together?

mattbee

Warhammer 40k, just need to channel my teenage self & rebuild my Ultramarine army.

prawny

I don’t think I could win a national level event at anything that has already been invented unfortunately, so I’d probably go for the ferret racing so it’s someone elses fault.

Kuco

Does the ferret have to be clean/drug free or can it accept mysterious parcels to aid in its performance?

vinnyeh

Elbry, is that you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Lawn Bowls. Because I could combine it with my sponsorship deal for weak lemon drink.

#wizard

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Ferret racing, I reckon I could use some of my million quid sponsorship to buy a really good ferret and still gave enough left over for a fun time. Also once the season is up I’d get to find out what ferret tastes like.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Warhammer 40,000 for sure.
    I’ve won a national level event in the past, so would give me the best chance at fulfilling the last criteria.

Biggest stumbling block may be social media, as the only thing I use that may qualify is Strava…..

plyphon
    Free Member

– When competing, you wear a branded shirt (which he will provide);

Are the sleeves long enough?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Enduro…the others are real sports.

tazzymtb

warhammer 40000 ferret racing! (like death race 2000, but smaller, fluffier and with a rabbit munching addiction)

besides which a 40K Tzeentch mutant ferret army would be ace (straight up leg of a space marines Armour to munch on his little emperor)

funkmasterp

Just to clarify if I choose ferret racing is it me or the ferret that has to wear a T-shirt and maintain a level of social media interaction?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Sponsorship Deal?’ is closed to new replies.