Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Spoke nipple wrenches
  • misterfrostie
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Park conventional nipple wrenches but have got a set of deep section carbon rims with no exposed square on the nipples to get he wrench on. The only access is down the rim onto the head of the nipple – ie the slotted head with the spoke thread poking though.

Is there a wrench available for internal adjustment of slotted nipples ? I’ve seen them available for hex and square heads but not for slotted. I’d use a decent screwdriver but on a few of the spokes the protrusion of the spoke thread prevents the screwdriver blade from engaging with the nipple.

Any ideas guys ?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Screwdriver plus dremel = slotted nipple driver?

ktmblag
    Free Member

Cut a slot in the middle of the screwdriver

trail_rat
    Free Member

You can get nipple drivers with said slot and they have an offset handle so you can get a bit of twist into them if they have siezed

If i wanted one quick id dremel a hex shafted flat screw driver with a slot so i could use a small spanner on thehex flats to help apply even torque if the nipples were stuck.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Yeah thats the next course of action, just wondered if there was an official tool available before I hack a screwdriver to bits

wysiwyg
    Free Member

That won’t work as it has a prong to set the nipple depth

orangeboy
    Free Member

That Dt / bicycle research one is the reverse of what the op will need if the spoke is sticking up in the nipple
    Time to get creative with the grinder

I always get beaten by typing to slow

JoeG
    Free Member

$62 for the DT Swiss one 😯 😯

Edit – thank god that its discounted 19% from the $76 + RRP! 🙄

orangeboy
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Spoke nipple wrenches’ is closed to new replies.