Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spoke lengths,
  • Brown
    Free Member

I’ve just built a rear wheel up with Superstar Switch hubs and an Arch EX. I thought I’d used to correct length spokes, but once the wheel’s dished, the drive-side spokes are considerably tighter than the NDS.

Could someone do me a favour and tell me what you reckon the spoke lengths should be for that build?

I’m going to try losening everything off and check the rim’s not warped before essentially starting again with the lacing in the hope that something weird’s gone on.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Drive side should be a higher tension. It’s a steeper angle.

Brown
    Free Member

Really? I’m not convinced about that. And certainly not with as much difference as this.

simon1975
    wwaswas

It’s fairly marked – do you have any ‘known good’ wheels to compare it with?

Brown
    Free Member

Good article that. I’d say I do do most of what’s suggested there. Not come across that method of building a rear wheel. I think I’ve just messed up and done a bad job on this one.

I’ve got a couple of decent wheels to compare to. I’ve built a few wheels, never had any really significant differences in tension (this one has a LOT) and never had any particular problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spoke lengths,’ is closed to new replies.