Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spoke length on wheel build – round up or down?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

DT Spoke Calculator says 265mm & 263mm, ACI from Cyclebasket come in even numbers only.

I’m thinking round down to avoid any spoke poke into rim tape.

qwerty
    Free Member

Anyone???

L: 265.30mm
    R: 263.70mm

Maybe up! 264 & 266’s???

Ta

whyme
    Free Member

266 and 264. Assuming you measured the ERD yourself and did not use the rim manufacturer number. Also make sure you gave the dt calculator the exact info it asked for, not what you think it wanted. Eg Sapim wants rim inner diam and thickness.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Yeah if those measurements are accurate I’d go for 266 and 264.

timba
    Free Member

A square or triangular section hand file can be used parallel to the rim sidewall to take the end off any spoke that does protrude into the rim tape

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s the rim? I really don’t think you’d get poke through with most modern stuff due to the depth of the rim. I’d double check on the wheel pro calculator, that seems a bit more accurate to me. I’ll happily go up 1mm or down one and a bit as narrow gauge spokes will stretch a little. I don’t use alu nipples, but if I did, I’d round up to ensure maximum thread engagement.

tthew

I had that on my last wheel build. Just went for the inbetween size for all spokes. I assumed that because it was so close the hubs were designed for the same length spokes both sides, (different sized flanges) and my measurement tolerance was what made the difference.

264mm all round.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spoke length on wheel build – round up or down?’ is closed to new replies.