Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spoke length help
  • dan_seed
    Free Member

I am looking at building my first wheel and have managed to calculate the spoke lengths i need to 293.8 LH and 295 RH. Can i get away with buying 1 length of spoke (say 294)? or do i really need to 2 lengths?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Personally, I’d go with 294 all rounding that one. Sounds like a three cross 700 c wheel you’re building.

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes i would start with 294 both sides if its much costlier to get 2 lengths. I’ve been up to 1.4 mm less than what the dt spoke calculator said and its been fine.

dan_seed
    Free Member

cheers guys. Will go for the 294mm (xt hub on stans arch 29er Onza)

Next question i suppose is where do you recommend for getting spokes and nipples online?

Was thinking about these: http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/detail.asp/sku=mad-SK304D/DT_Swiss_Competition_silver_spokes_1_15g_2_1-8mm_box_of_100

what do you think?

julianwilson
    Free Member

That’s really really great value for 100, but what are you going to do with the other 68 you don’t use? I suppose you could keep a few for spares and sell the rest as 2 lots of 32 on ebay.

dan_seed
    Free Member

Well from what I have found so far this is the cheapest way even for just 32….. (78p each is the cheapest have found)

Do you know a better route?

julianwilson
    Free Member

only crc, but they don’t do spokes that long iirc. You ight do wellto have a look on ebay to see if anyone else is already doing likewise (ie splitting large bargain boxes) but otherwise I think i would go with the the ones you linked to up there^.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spoke length help’ is closed to new replies.