• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Spoke Choice help. Pillar Xtra 1420 for DH use?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Any experience of using bladed Pillar Xtra 1420 spokes for DH use? The website Pillar Spokes claims they are for ‘Race/MTB/Down Hill/Free Ride’. Not had any experience of the make before nor using an areo profile spoke for DH use.

Anyone one used them or have any useful input?

Need to replace my old Easton DH wheels as they are barely circular anymore so I’m going to try a set of the Light Bicycle Carbon wider 33mm DH Rims on Pro2’s.

Note: this is not a discussion on the Rims, Ive read (as much as I could be bothered of) the various mtbr / pinkbike etc threads and I’m going to trial them – the weight alone is way less than a set of Deemax etc.

The price Light Bicycle are offering for a full build is cheaper than I can buy the rims and the hubs separately so I might as well get them to build them and get my local wheel builder just to check them.

The only spoke options they offer are DT revolutions or the Pillar Xtra 1420’s. I think DT revs are a bit too light gauge. Ideally I would just take the extra weight and have DT Champs (SG 2.0mm) or Comps (DB 2.0mm/1.8mm) but I”m waiting to hear if it is an option.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Spoke Choice help. Pillar Xtra 1420 for DH use?’ is closed to new replies.