Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Spluttering Diesel
  • Sui
    Free Member

Harry, it would have been cheaper to run some vpower through it.
    Anyway glad it’s working, but please get the filter changed, it’s cheap as chips.. Might be worth continuing to run see branded fuel for a while… Belt and braces..

Harry_the_Spider

Filter changed next Thursday.

Got enough additive to dose 10 tanks at £1.30 a go, so I’m not exactly out of pocket. In fact if I get 11 more miles per tank I’m up on the deal.

Harry_the_Spider

One week on.

Tank full of Esso regular with Miller’s additive. Still got the same fuel filter. Everything tickerty-boo.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hurrah, more proof cheap diesel can be really nasty crap 😆

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for change the filter. Especially now you have put some cleaner through.

Don’t get a cheap and nasty filter. Either go to the dealer or go somewhere you know will supply an OEM brand one.

Harry_the_Spider

…and you can get Tesco points when you fill up with Esso! Win.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m just about to get my first ever diesel car. Is the cheap vs branded fuel thing a major issue? I’ll happily put branded in if its worth it – have a choice of BP, Esso, Gulf and Morrisons locally.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is the cheap vs branded fuel thing a major issue?

No. I randomly fill up at Asda or a fancy place and I never get issues. Car is a little smoother on Total, and it’s a fair bit nicer on ultimate/vpower etc, but it always works fine on Asda.

thegreatape
    Free Member

At least mix it up then, not constant Tesco Value diesel?

Harry_the_Spider

…and finally

I’ve just had the fuel filter changed and now everything is 100%.

Dirty fuel had gunked it all up. Thanks Tesco.

brassneck

I Thank You. 🙂

Maybe the S Max design is particularly prone to this <shrug> – anyway 3 months post filter change for me and all is still well.

No. I randomly fill up at Asda or a fancy place and I never get issues. Car is a little smoother on Total, and it’s a fair bit nicer on ultimate/vpower etc, but it always works fine on Asda.

Mixing it definitely helps, and is key – I don’t think a tank of Tesco here or there hurts too much.
    I’m betting my S Max had a previous life as a cab, and was filled as cheaply as possible and never serviced. The ‘after sales’ from where I bought it lead my to be more or less sure the pre delivery service was entirely fabricated.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Obviously every little bit [of crap] does count!

Nice fix.

trail_rat
    Free Member

google diesel bug.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Spluttering Diesel’ is closed to new replies.