Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Split Camelback bladder-where to return?
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Split a Camelback bladder an d want to return to see if it’s warranty.
    Where do I send it?
    Cheers
    Steve

Simon

Back to where you bought it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Retailer is ultimately responsible in the UK, so that’s where you go. They may tell you to go somewhere else, though really they should deal with the whole process.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    takisawa2

Yeah, best of luck with that.

Bought my lads a better bottle each.
    Nozzles cracked on both.
    Camelbak said speak to LeisureLakes…
    Guess what LeisureLakes said…

deadkenny
    Free Member

You have rights that overrules what they say. Even if the warranty has expired you still have some rights if the thing is clearly not fit for purpose or become faulty way before you would expect it to.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

Simon

I had a problem with a Camelbak bladder leaking where the hose attaches. I bought it from Merlin, I rang them, they told me to send it back and they sent me out a new one straight away.

Weasel
    Free Member

Best hope you have the receipt, they couldn’t be bothered to help as I couldn’t prove where I had purchased mine from when it started leaking.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Bought bag on a whim in a shop I’m not known in or local to, no receipt etc etc was hoping I could return to distributor for no fuss replacement a la Hope Oakley etc but looks like I’m out of luck.
    Will just suck it up and get a new one.
    Cheers
    Steve

nuke

I had a problem with a Camelbak bladder leaking where the hose attaches. I bought it from Merlin, I rang them, they told me to send it back and they sent me out a new one straight away.

Exactly the same here…same problem, same retailer and same outcome

Cougar

Paid by card? Bank statement = proof of purchase.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I kept my receipt from years ago bladder went took it to Leisure lakes week later got a new one back have done that twice in the last ten years.They send it of wont give you one there and then sound though.Got one of the new style ones last year great.That was the Cheltenham branch of L/L.

Cougar

Guess what LeisureLakes said…

“We illegally refuse to honour your statutory rights”?

fatgit
    Free Member

Nope discount for cash!!!
    Cheers
    Steve

timmys

Notwithstanding all of the above, in answer to the “see if it’s still in warranty” part of your question, then I’m sure there are meant to have life time warranties.

tomfun

My bladder split and I had no receipt. I strolled into halfords (didn’t buy it there) and gave them the usual “bought it here, didn’t keep the receipt blah blah blah” and asked if they’d honour the life time guarantee? They said yes and gave me a brand new one. Try your luck, what’s to lose?

spooky_b329

Lifetime warranty, took mine back to Halfords and the only confusing bit was it came with a bag and they didn’t seem to ‘get’ that I only wanted the bladder replacing. I think they ended up refunding the receipt amount and then scanning the bladder twice?! It still didn’t add up so the till would have been up on cash 🙂

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi all
    Thanks for the suggestions
    It’s a lumbar bladder so not sure if halfords sell them but will try if they do.
    It’s worth a shot
    Steve

martinhutch

Eh? Are people seriously suggesting fraudulently claiming off a completely different retailer? 😯

OP – you have statutory rights with Leisure Lakes, whatever they tell you. Why not get back in touch and be a bit more assertive about it before screwing over Halfords?

nbt

had a leaky bladder some time ago – I went to my local bike shop with whom I’m on friendly terms, explained I’d bought the bladder while away on a trip and asked if they’d sort it if I covered postage. They were more than happy to do so and paying the postage was a damn sight cheaper than driving back to north wales

tomfun

You’re not screwing over halfords. They take it in, contact camelbak and they will pick up the cost under their warranty policy. Using them as the middle man, yes. Screwing them over, no.

fatgit
    Free Member

Martinhutch-didn’t get it from leisure lakes can’t even remember the name of the shop I got it from.
    Might try the lbs as suggested above.
    Don’t have a problem with the halfords route though as they’ll claim back off distributor who claim of camelback I guess? May be wrong though as don’t know how these things work.
    If I can’t sort it out not overly fussed dos can get a new one for £20
    Cheers
    Steve

martinhutch

Yeh, but it still costs them staff time and effort to process a warranty claim. Just because they’re a big company doesn’t make it right.

If you could do it by consent via LBS covering postage costs as described above that would seem a bit more ethical to me.

tomd
    Free Member

As an alternative to screwing over Halfords:

I had a problem with a camelbak reservoir. I couldn’t take it back to where I bought it as it was hundreds of miles away. My LBS who I used a lot sorted the warranty out with Zyro (UK distribitor, most Uk bike shops deal with them). Zyro did require the receipt though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

You are perfectly at liberty to take for example a bike you bought elsewhere to your LBS that happens to be a dealer in that brand and they can deal with it under warranty. Same goes for taking a car to your local dealer under warranty. Should be the same for a Camelbak if they are an authorised dealer.

Your rights apply to the retailer you bought it off however, so should be first port of call, but any official dealer can deal with the manufacturer’s warranty. It’s their discretion though. There’s no harm in going into Halfords saying you bought it elsewhere, but here’s the receipt and as you are a dealer, etc. Can’t see Halfords saying yes though. The monkeys have no authority so have to call the kid (sorry, manager) in the back who doesn’t want the responsibility or hassle of sorting it out.

Anyway, should point out that Osprey apparently have good warranty service. People have told me they’ve had replacement parts or entire bags no questions asked, no cost. Something I should get round to doing then as the nipple has split.

fatgit
    Free Member

LBS have agreed to send it back if I cover postage
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Split Camelback bladder-where to return?’ is closed to new replies.