Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Splined wheels/rotors; help wanted
  • mudman3
    Free Member

Hi
    I have shimano xt wheels/disc brakes splined rotors. My rear xt disc brake failed again 5 mins into the Erlestoke12 yesterday & i am now going to change disc brakes.
    My problem is that i have splined wheels/rotors and what i am seeking is an answer to my question….Are there any disc brakes compatibale with splined rotors (other than xt)or can i convert them to 6 bolt to accomodate the type of disc brakes i want to buy?
    Any help/advice would be most welcome

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t the change the rotors?Or spend £30 on 2 centre lock to 6 bolt adaptors (shimano,dt,mavic do them).

mudman3
    Free Member

Ta for that Rorscach. I wnat to buy these; Formula Oro K18 – F & R Set – White. Do you reckon i can use them with my existing rotors?

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you reckon i can use them with my existing rotors?

They’ll be fine.

What’s up with the XTs? They’re normally pretty good. Drop me a line if you want to get rid, might be servicable or useful as spares.

mudman3
    Free Member

Cheers nickjb. The rear brake lost all power 2 months ago. Mechanic at LBS re built it but it went again yesterday, even pumping the lever didn’t help. Will drop you a line once I get sorted if u r intersted in buying brakes. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Splined wheels/rotors; help wanted’ is closed to new replies.