Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • spin bike,rollers or turbo?
  • costello
    Free Member

looking at something to keep the fitness going over winter when i can’t face having my lungs shredded by freezing cold country roads,
    boredom,noise and space are not an issue and i don’t mind staring at the garage door for a couple of hours trying to balance on rollers,all advice tips is appreciated
    (thanks in advance to everyone asking me to mtfu,what’s wrong with the cold? etc etc)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Any of them will do the job. Turbo or rollers cheaper than a decent spin bike. Turbo arguably more versatile. If you just want to keep the legs spinning then rollers may be more beneficial and help a bit with balance/core stuff. I think they are probably quite complementary. Worth doing a bit of reading about training specifically on a turbo/rollers too. If you’re going to do it for a couple of hours you may as well do it effectively. Oh and the usual plug to check out TrainerRoad, it’s very good.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve had a cycleops magneto for a few years and rate it very highly. cycleops and their UK importers paligap offer amazing customer service so thats always good should you need it. now got a cycleops fluid 2 and its better again, smoother and quieter.

however if i could afford it i’d buy the system, can’t recall the make, thats hooked up to a computer. had a look at one and had a quick go in a local shop and was quite blown away especially by the way the terrain controlled the resistance.

whatever you get though, buy some training dvds otherwise they are hell.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘spin bike,rollers or turbo?’ is closed to new replies.