Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spesh Tricross – is there a ladies equivalent?
  • ElShalimo

I have a Tricross and use it as a do-most-easy-routes bike and some overnight trips. Is there a ladies version as I’m looking for something similar for my wife?
    has to be an all rounder type bike so big wheels for road sections, robust enough for easy bridleways, rack & mudguard mounts etc.
    any ideas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a tricross with a change of saddle/ost/stem as required?
    My OH normally prefers “normal” bikes over wsd.

druidh
    Free Member

You could look at a Kinesis Tripster too. I think they have a smaller frame size, which would give you more room for manoeuvre with seat/stem position.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a tricross. Upgraded it to a tripster.

ElShalimo

thread resurrection…. Drop bars are out. I now need to find a flat bar tricross equivalent. Any good deals out there at the moment?

rOcKeTdOg

Crux? They do down to a 46cm if sizing is the problem

ElShalimo

RD – Spesh Crux?

aP
    Free Member

Go to Evans. They sell things like this under their Pinnacle brand. Otherwise just buy an appropriately sized frame and put correctly sized bars/ stem/ cranks/ saddle on it.

rOcKeTdOg

Yea, just read ur drop bar bit though, so maybe not

mattsccm
    Free Member

A Tricross type of bike with flats is easy. try looking at decent hybrids

ElShalimo

Anyone got experience with the Specialized Vita/Sirrus bikes?

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Anyone got experience with the Specialized Vita/Sirrus bikes?

Sirrus and Vita are designed as flat bar road bikes, I’m sure (as with most things) than stand up to more than is recommended by the manufacturer but I don’t think they were designed to be robust enough for bridleways etc.

They do the Ariel/Crosstrail which are more suited for that sort of thing, but then they do have a front suspension fork.

colin27
    Free Member

Check out the Vita Disc model. Womens fit, disc brakes, chunkier tyres but no heavy suspension fork. Just like a flat bar tricross but with brakes that work! Love my Tricross but the canti’s that came on it were useless. Rocking some Sora v brakes now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Tricross – is there a ladies equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.