• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bol.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spesh Tracer Pro cyclocross tyres – anyone use them?
  • bol

I’m looking for a good all-round grippy, fast rolling, lightweight tyre for the winter. My commute is mixed road, singletrack and grass, and my Jets are a bit scary now it’s getting muddier.

Tracers look like they may be the answer, and the cc review was good, but has anyone used them?

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi mate, I’ve been using one on the rear for a while, it rolls quick and it’s nice and light.

Mostly dry conditions tbh though so can’t comment on mud performance.

I have a Specialized Terra on the front by the way. Is mixing tyres on a CX bike a firing squad offence?

bol

That sounds like a good idea. Having lost the front on the cross bike recently resulting in three weeks off the bike, the more grip the better. Does the terra roll well on tarmac?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it rolls nicely.

Bear in mind though, the only other CX tyres I’ve riden are 35mm Rapid Robs. Which feel like MTB tyres by contrast.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

They are brilliant, plenty grippy and roll well. I race and train on Tracer most of the time, that includes a sometimes commute to work on scruffy back roads. The only thing I would say is that the Sport version is slightly heavier but does seem more puncture resistant

bol

Thanks. I’ll give them a go. I’ve found that Kevlar liners sorted the puncture protection on my Jets without adding a lot of weight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Tracer Pro cyclocross tyres – anyone use them?’ is closed to new replies.