Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spesh Shoe Sizing WTF?!?!?!??!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i dont get it there size 44 euro is 9.6uk and size 45 euro is 10.5uk in spesh mtb shoes

i had the current sworks model in a 45 euro or 10 uk and they fit perfectly (as im a 9 and size up 1, and these size true too)

went to try some of the lower models today and the guides are as above, 44 is a 9.6uk and 45 is a 10.5uk

which basically means im inbetween and thus the 9.6 felt a bit tight and the 10.5 felt a bit to big 🙁

which would you go for? the guys in the shop suggested just going for the bigger one as it you wouldnt notice the heel being loose so much when pedalling, but would notice your toes digging in the smaller size?

gutted really as they are well nice in the flesh

wwaswas

buy another brand that size how you need them to.

scaredypants

thicker/thinner socks/insole ?

tight shoes = cold & sore feet IME though

njee20
    Free Member

They do half sizes of the S-Works shoes elsewhere in the world, try and get some of those?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

id love to njee, i got rid of mine as they fell apart after 1 summer season 🙁

i sold the replacement pair, and now cant afford another pair at £200 😆 doh!

i really really like the comp ones tbh, nice and light and a bit more rugged, just the sizing i guess

worst case i suppose id be better of going size up the having crammed toes

Aidy
    Free Member

Never mind, should have read the other posts first!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

im usually a size 9uk what are you using aidy for the same shoes?

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve always been told that the s works size up the same as the standard sizes, despite what the charts are saying. You’re saying that’s not the case?
    If I had to get specalized I’d get the bigger and you can bring up the shortage with thicker insoles. Plus your feet will swell when riding.

Re-reading the original though, I’d probably get 44 if I was size 9. I’m 9.5 and fit a 44 nicely. 45 is huge on me.

chief9000
    Free Member

Like scaredypants said, tight shes give you cold feet. This is very true experienced it myself.

Bit surprised the chaps said you wouldn’t feel the loose heel. I a guessing you would when your pulling up on the pedal.

Maybe try another brand that will give you a nicer fit.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

traildog – the sworks ones seemed to be perfect – they were stated on the label as 44euro/uk10

on the ones on the lower models sport/comp/expert etc it appears that a 44 euro is 9.6uk and a 45 euro is a 10.5

so for basically any one wanting bang on size 10uk spesh in the uk they dont do them 🙁

44 in my sworks ones actually said 10uk on the label and fit me perfectly

so traildog are you wearing the spesh shoes then? and your a size 9 and wear a 44uk right? (which is 9.6)

chief – thats exactly what i though tbh as when the rotation comes up your heel will pull up too right?

i took my thin summer socks too just to be safe….ill go and have a second fitting tomoz i think 😆

also the 45’s were a bit boat like to walk in too, where as the 44’s were nice to walk in, but not sure if i would get crammed feet in them pushing forward

Aidy
    Free Member

Are the S-Works an older model? I was pretty sure that all the new (2012+, I think) Specialized shoes were UK8.6/EU43.

I’m pretty much always a UK9, and the older EU43’s used to fit perfectly. No idea how the .6 sizes fit (I started a thread with this exact question a while ago). I do wonder if the S-Works fit is a bit different though, I’ve got a set in EU44 (ridiculously cheap on eBay, took a chance) which seem to fit okay – I reckon a size down would be too small.

ElShalimo

Bigger shoe, thicker socks will fix it
    You don’t need to worry about heel lift unless you walk your bike a lot

Getting spd shoes for wide size 46 feet is a lot mote difficult, I’d love to have your problem of actually having some decent choices

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

aidy – nope they are 2012/13 ones, defo said 10uk size 44eu on the inside of the shoe (not 9.6 etc)

by the looks of it id need a 44.5 which of course they dont do, im guessing by their new standards that would be a bang on 10uk

i think the sworks ones do fit differently too though

elshalimo – i did think that but then it kinda takes away the point of me buying them , as they are summer shoes 😆 dont really want to be wearing my thick woolie boolies in the peak of summer just to compensate the size 🙁

guessing ill try once more tomoz and if that fails ill have to swap brand (which is shite as i get a good discount off spesh 🙁 )

traildog
    Free Member

I’m saying that I tried the lower models in the shop and they sized up exactly the same as the s-works. The shop asistant, who was very good, said that all the models were supposed to size up the same, so if I wanted a model not in stock it wouldn’t be a problem.
    This was well over a year ago, nearly two years ago so the sizings may have changed. I am pretty sure I got a 44 s-works in the end, I will have to double check as I’m now doubting my sanity.

I’m surprised 44 felt tight. But if you cannot get on with the sizes, then you need to try something else. Plenty other nice shoes out there.

traildog
    Free Member

Right, sorry I’ve been so confused by this thread. I’ve managed to look at home now.

I’m a size 9.5 in most shoes. Some shoes I’m 9 or less, others I’m 10.5! What I’m saying is you cannot go one what is printed on the box – you have to try them on!

My S-works are size 44 and inside they say that’s a UK10.
    They sized up exactly the same as the other 44 specialized shoes I tried on which were lower down the range. I have a 45 specialized shoe in the garage and it’s huge on me – I never wear it.

My s-works shoe is one or two years old.

I hope that helps you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Shoe Sizing WTF?!?!?!??!’ is closed to new replies.