Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Spesh Purgatory tyre up front, which one for rear?
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

I want to replace the standard Conti Mountain King II tyres that came on my bike with something lighter and good for all round trail use. I like the look of the 2.2 Specialized Purgatory Control for use up front and want to know which other Specialized tyre compliments this nicely on the rear? Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got Purgatory f+r on my 29er.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve got Purgatory f+r on my 26er. 😉

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t a Purgatory 2.2 bigger and heavier than a MK2 (unless the latter is a 2.4 wire bead and then they’re pretty close!)

Tracey

Ive got a Purgatory on the back and a Clutch on the front of my Enduro

wonnyj
    Free Member

Captain 2 or 2.2 would be fine

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I believe the folding 2Bliss version is somewhere in the region of 650gms.

Happy to be corrected on this.

RustySpanner

Mrs S has a Purgatory on the back – rates it highly.

jameso

I’ve got Purgatory f+r on my bike.

I’ve used a 2.25 Ardent on the back, a bit driftier / less cornering grip and faster rolling, the UST casing is tougher than 2bliss too. Some would say 850g (for the 29″) or more is too heavy, I don’t really worry about it.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…the UST casing is tougher than 2bliss too.

Agreed. While the Purgs are great locally, taking bigger Maxxis USTs to the Alps for that reason (among others).

stumpy01

Used to have Purgatory on the front, Captain on the back but now use a Sauserwind on the back. Reckon the Sauserwind is a bit better than the Captain…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got a captain on the back to go with the purgatory on the front.

Brilliant combo IMHO,

nickswolves
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of love for the Purgatory tyre, the pricing is sensible too. I will check out the Captain and Sauserwind.

Might be useful to know the terrain you ride on as a comparison.

bol

Take a look at the Ground Control too. It’s almost identical to look at and in use to the Nobby Nic. I’ve got them front and rear on my hardtail. Purgatories front and rear on my susser.

bazhall
    Free Member

Another for Purgatories front and rear, been using them on my enduro since April and really like them

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bike plus have them at £40 a pair also

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I have the stock SJ setup – Purgatory upfront and Captain on the rear, I run them tubeless and find the combination to work well (although to be honest I stick with what ever comes on a bike and replace them with like for like when they wear out so have nothing to compare them to)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Purgatory tyre up front, which one for rear?’ is closed to new replies.