Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spesh Pitch – front mech cable routing
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

So from the 3rd cable stop on the down tube what’s best after that? Bare cable I presume? Isn’t loads of crap going to get in that way? And does it matter which side of the chainstay bridge it goes?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Bump

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Anyone?

grumm
    Free Member

Mine are full length all the way – not sure what a chainstay bridge is sorry!

btw are the things on the downtube cable stops? Thought they were just clips to tidy the cables.

The cable routing on the Pitch is the one thing that lets it down slightly imo – I keep having to replace cables from rocks hitting the underneath.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks Grumm

Yes clips is probably a better description than stops

Rear mech is fine I’ve just never run a full length outer all the way to a front mech before, but I supposed it should be OK

grumm
    Free Member

I dunno I just replaced it the same as how it was when I bought it.

There is a little cable stop thing that slots in a hole inside the bottom of the downtube that the cable goes through. Not really sure how you would run anything other than full length cables tbh.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah OK maybe I haven’t spotted that hole – I assume you don’t mean one of the 3 clips on the downtube that hold all 3 cables?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was going to reply to this thread yesterday, but TBH I don’t have the first clue where the cable stop is off the top of my head because it’s not been touched since new.

However I do seem to remember the cable outer goes all the way round the BB shell and sits inside some sort of stop above/behind the BB
    The bottom downtube clip certainly IS NOT a cable stop!

grumm
    Free Member

No – there is actually a small hole through directly underneath the bottom bracket area, with a cable stop thing inserted into it. You put the outer into it and the inner goes through.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

See, told you I had no idea!
    🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Although one thing puzzles me
    Pitches are only available as a full bike, so surely all you have to do is copy the way it came set up in the first place?
    😕

grumm
    Free Member

It is kind of slightly behind the BB area I think – I was saying no to this

I assume you don’t mean one of the 3 clips on the downtube that hold all 3 cables?

😛

I was wondering the same about why you couldn’t just copy the original setup.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I bought the Pitch frame only and I’ve never actually seen one built up other than in photos – will have a look for this hole later!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Pitch – front mech cable routing’ is closed to new replies.