Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Spesh Enduro sizing ??
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10 and have seen a size small Evo for sale. The chap selling it is the same height as me.
    What size are you riding and how tall are you?
    Also what spring would I need for the Fox shock? ( fighting weight of 100kgs) .

I_Ache
    Free Member

You could probably just about get away with it. I am 6ft and have had medium old style enduros and a large enduro evo. The large fit me better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless the sizing has changed a lot or you are drastically out of proportion that doesn’t sound right. Did the seller magically become your height when you showed interest?

The modern “Checkable” means too small and smashing knees on the bars.

The frames are similar so pop along to your local spec shop and take a look.

JCL
    Free Member

You want a medium or large depending on torso/leg ratio. Small is far to short in reach.

dan45a
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ with a medium 2013 enduro, size is good for me. I don’t find it a big bike at all, I wouldnt go for a small.

Tracey

We have two, did have three for a while. Im 5′ 9″ as is Abigale, Kevin is 6′ 0″ all are, were mediums. Had a go on a small before I bought mine, it was very small.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Im 5’11 and ride a medium. its pretty tight with a 50mm stem wouldnt be comfortable on a small for sure.

olly2097
    Free Member

My old enduro was a medium. I’m 5ft 10″

Small would feel a bit cramped I think.

windydave13
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2″ with a large. Command seatpost pretty much at min insertion but i do have long legs.

I used to manage with a medium 2003 enduro but that was before i rode for more than a couple of hours at a time

Dave

darkslider
    Free Member

What year is it? I bought a large 2011 Enduro Comp as it was a good deal, I’m 5’11” on a good day and I was convinced it was going to be too big for me and that I’d have to sell it on, but I wasn’t too worried as I knew I’d make a bit of a profit.

However I got used to it really quickly, the reach and length is perfect with a short stem and although the longer wheelbase took a bit of getting used to I now love the stability over fast rough stuff and jumps. All my other bikes feel too short to me now, I’ve got a downhill bike and a little jump bike that I need to readjust to every time I ride them!

Comparing the sizes for then (2011) to now it’s evident how much geometry has changed in the interim. the TT length, reach and wheelbase you’d find on a large frame back then are more commonly found on medium bikes these days, so if you’re like me and looking at a bike that’s a few years old I’d err on the larger side rather than go any smaller.

tymbian
    Free Member

It’s a 2011 evo expert which is reasonably priced if I didn’t have to change anything.. But being a small it will have a lightweight coil on it which I’d have to change.

badllama
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and on a large Enduro Expert 2011 works well for me 🙂

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and riding a large 2011 Enduro. There’s no way a small will fit I wouldn’t think.

peter1979
    Free Member

Im 5’10 and ride a medium stumpy evo (similar geometry to Enduro) and to be honest, its probably a little on the small side. I would like to try a large frame to see the difference. I’ve heard from others that the Stumpy and Enduro both are a little small in sizing so probs best to go larger.

antennae
    Free Member

Here’s the geometry for a 2011 Enduro Evo…

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bikes/archive/2011/enduro/enduroexpertevo#geometry

I imagine it’ll be too short in the top tube unless you have T-Rex arms (532mm ETT). You’d want a medium or possibly even a large (as others have said, the older large is nearly the same length as the current medium).

Like peter1979 I’m running a Stumpy Evo 26 in medium. I’m 5’9″ with slightly longer arms than yer average and I feel at the limit of the sizing, saddle right back on the rails. It has a 588mm ETT, so 56mm longer than your small Evo!

(Peter, for what it’s worth, I also thought I could have gone one size up, then had a sit on a large and it felt way too big.)

fergal
    Free Member

I concur 5’11” and riding a Large 2010 Enduro, the medium felt on the small side.

orangeboy
    Free Member

5.8 and was Useing a medium enduro evo 2011 and now a normal enduro also medium both 26 wheel

Mate is 5.11 and also has a m enduro but has oddly short arms

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Enduro sizing ??’ is closed to new replies.