Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spesh Enduro Fip-Flop
  • beaconjon
    Free Member

I’m building up an old S-Works Enduro from 2004 and notice it has a “flip-flop” linkage. I’m struggling to find out exactly what that means. I read something about it giving you 2 setups of geometry.

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Cheers, Jon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The 2 settings are normally written on the link, it goes from steep with high BB to slack with low BB I think, about a degree of difference I think and not much in the BB. I used to run mine in steep but with a 150mm fork to keep it balanced (till it snapped – check the inside of the chain stays)

beaconjon
    Free Member

Right. I see. How do you switch from one setting to another?
    I only ride trails and have an old set of 125 Vanillas up front.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

also nothing more in the manual but there are 4 washers in there that are a bugger to get back in – don’t do it over gravel
    http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/manuals/04_Enduro_Tech_Manual.pdf

edit – flip it over, it only fits in 2 ways

PJM1974
    Free Member

The bolt that holds the shock in the flip-flop link is offset slightly, so it’ll either set the head angle at 70.5 or 69.5 degrees. The latter setting drops the bottom bracket slightly.

+1 for the four washers that are a PITA. Your best bet is to pack the bearings with grease, which should help hold the washers in place.

beaconjon
    Free Member

Brilliant. Cheers fellas. I think I’ll leave it in the high bb position to keep it how I’d ride it 90% of the time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was going to suggest trying one, then trying the other see which you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Enduro Fip-Flop’ is closed to new replies.