Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spesh Enduro 26 shock question
  • oli575
    Free Member

Hi there,

I’ve recently acquired a Spesh Enduro Expert Carbon, 2014 with 26″ wheels.

I would like to upgrade the shock to either a Monarch Debonair RCT3 or a CC DB air CS.

Anyone have any experience of these shocks on this bike?

Thank you for looking!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Depending what your current setup is they may need some modification to fit depending on what yoke your bike has.

The CS did come as standard so you may be able to find the bits to make it work straight out of the box.

The stroke of the shock will need to be shortened* as Specialized (as usual) are non standard, I’d personally go with the ccdba as I found the Enduro was very hard on rear shocks.

*This was deffo the case for older models (2012) you’d have to check your current frame/shock.

dan45a
    Free Member

I have a 2013 Enduro with the CCBDA CS. Its truly excellent, minimal pedal bob when climbing, I don’t touch the CS switch. I run it about 30% sag for everything. Its a very adjustable shock, but to be honest I have changed much from the base setting as it just worked so well.

Only shock that I’ve felt better was my CCBD coil on my orange alpine 160, but that was crazy heavy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/vGKLMF]Untitled[/url] by dan jones, on Flickr

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    orangeboy
    Free Member

I have a 2013 enduro which came with a ccba air ( not the Cs one )
    And it’s been great , pedals far better than a 160mm bike ever should
    And should be an easy fit as was standard fitment to some 2013 onward enduros

MSP

Wait a couple of months for the ohlins air shock to hit the shelves.

Tracey

I had a 2012 S Works Enduro fitted with a RP23 which I crashed in the Alps Last year. Abigale has the 2014 S Works so I had the opportunity of riding both bikes down the same trails. Replaced mine with a 2014 S Works frame with the CCDB Air CS. We cant tell the difference between the two shocks. If I was going to upgrade it wouldn’t be on the shock.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Enduro 26 shock question’ is closed to new replies.