Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Spesh enduro 2013 – Will i like it?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Thinking of making the investment. I have a 140mm GF Roscoe which is 4 years old and id like a change to something more DH capable.

I like the enduro and have test ridden in a car park only. It seems light enough to climb but im a little concerned that it will disappoint compared to the Roscoe. I typically ride all welsh trails including cwmdown.

Has anyone gone from a 140mm to 160mm..if so what are your thoughts.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I grew to dislike my 2010 Enduro.

Balls out on a flowy trail it would rip, great in the air, great at simply civilising the rough but put it onto sleep tetchy stuff and it felt cumbersome and clumsy. Maybe it was my forks? 36 Fox Van R’s

Possibly too long? Too slack frame?

Try it in something other than a car park.

It is light though but doesn’t feel so, IMHO. All my pals thought my bike was heavy until we put it on the scales at Easyjet… It was as light as everyone else’s bikes (in bags so not that scientific) but they were all a bit shocked it weighted as little as it did!

dan45a
    Free Member

Dan – I went from a yeti asr5c with 140mm forks to a 2013 enduro. I haven’t looked back, the yeti was rapid and great fun but the enduro suspension is in another league when to terrain gets more techy.

The enduro climbs unbelievably well, my strava times around cwmcarn xc loop are about 1 min slower on the enduro. But the descents are all quicker. I’m not that bothered by the times but that hopefully gives you an idea how well the enduro goes.

It’s definitely not too much bike for trail centres as I was a bit worried about this before I got it. Now it’s the bike I can get on and ride anything. From normal red routes at the trails centres to Cwmcarn dh, afan masts, machen dh, gravity enduro, longer xc loops in the beacons.

danjthomas
    Free Member

dan45a, in fairness though you are on a carbon enduro so i imaging this is a different beast. What is it like climbing up to machen? i ride there regularly and its a beast of a climb.

dan45a
    Free Member

Fair enough but the comp weighs in at just over 29lbs so there’s not much in it. With the newer enduro they say pedalling platform is much improved and seems good to me as don’t even think about locking out. Even though it can’t with the ccdb air.

At machen if I go up turners lane which it’s absolutely fine. If I go up via Lower machen it’s fine until the last bit onto the top, got to hike it the last bit, don’t think I’ve had got up there in the asr5 anyway.

I’ve had an alpine 160 before and that is much more bike and a different beast again, lacked the trail zip of the enduro but seriously stable on a full on dh course….

If you have concerns about being over biked you thought about the stumpy evo?

danjthomas
    Free Member

I am considering the stumpy evo. It feels very similar to the enduring which is why I’m leaning towards the enduro, the Evo is a cheaper bike too.

dan45a
    Free Member

A guy at my LBS has gone from a mk2 Nomad to a stumpy Evo and really loves it, he says its quicker every where for him so seems a good choice.

eshershore
    Free Member

Stumpy Evo is very capable in both wheel sizes

26″

29’er

perhaps, a much better choice for UK riding than the Enduro (an awesome bike for the right application)

would only buy an enduro I lived in the Alps or Vancouver and wanted a bike that could still climb up to access gnarly DH and FR trails which would require shuttle or lift access if you chose a DH specific bike.

_tom_
    Free Member

That 26″ Stumpy looks awesome and now I feel like I want/need one 🙁

Euro
    Free Member

I was >I I< that close to getting one, but a fella i know with one admitted that he wished he’d gone for the Stumpy and his Enduro was a bit of a pig up hill (and he’s a much fitter than me). I heeded his warning and went with the Stumpy Evo. It’s just ok at DH, but it’s bloody fantastic at almost everything else. I’d go Enduro if you want to tackle DH runs on a regular basis (coil suspension being the main difference imo).

dan45a
    Free Member

Euro – I agree, think with the fox 34 fork the stumpy evo is very capable and if longer rides are your thing its the one to have.

Enduro comp is air suspension though I thought?
    http://dirt.mpora.com/fresh-produce/dirt-100/2013-dirt-100-specialized-enduro-comp.html
    Its just abit slacker looking at the geo. The 2013 enduro really does climb well, I’ve had a carbon zesty and its just as happy as that on the ups.

I do a mix of riding so just wanted a bike that does it all hence the enduro.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Enduro too. I have a Stumpjumper now and really wanted an evo but I can’t get a coil shock for the Alps so its a no go. Shame they ruin a class leading bike with a shock system designed to line their pockets

Euro
    Free Member

Dan, your right – i’m still trapped in 2012 😀

I had a stumpy evo and moved to the enduro. The stumpy is a spectacular bike and brilliant fun on the trail. The enduro is a 2013 sworks (same as dan45a) and is completely different to the stumpy downhill but pretty close going up.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Ok… discussion expanded and its nice to see the feedback. I have left my number with the LBS to demo a enduro 2014 when they arrive. I will take it to do a variety of stuff.

Im now thinking the stumpjumper evo comp is an option, so if the enduro feels like too much bike i think i will end up with stumpy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Spesh enduro 2013 – Will i like it?’ is closed to new replies.