Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spesh custom shocks
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

Evening all. I have a Spesh camber fitted with a “custom rs reba tk”…has anyone any idea how this shock is indeed “custom”…..my thoughts are maybe with the tuning? I have found that the triad 2 rear shock is a bastardisation of an float RP / rp23 hybrid with custom valving (same air can on rp23).

My brother has a stumpy Evo 2012 with a set of rev’s – he was wondering is spesh have done anything to customise these or if they are the same as retail??? anyone know?

Has anyone got to the bottom of what spesh do in their “customisation”

Thanks all 🙂

Janesy
    Free Member

Front fork – paint.

I had custom SID’s on my Epic. The paint job was different. That is all.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Not sure with your exact bike. But custom oe stuff can mean just paint or steel bits in place of alloy or with triads somthing that is a little differant but not new tech

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yeah you are right – mine do look different from the retail versions but seem to have all the same features. At least my triad is a standard size unlike the old spesh sizing weirdness.

Cheers 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

TK – Turn Key damping, which is a rung below the Motion Control damping normally specified with Rebas.

The Triad is a slightly different kettle. Spesh have played with this idea since the Stumpy of 2004 and in many ways it makes more sense than an RP3 – namely the blue dial is in one of three positions. The RP3 requires faff in that you have to lift the top dial to set the desired compression and then flick the lever on/off. If you’ve tried using it on a Marin Quad 2 frame you’ll understand just what an awkward little bugger it actually is.

Funnily enough, I’ve a Camber on order.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂 the camber is an absolutely brilliant bike ….very light and responsive. I got the 2011 expert with decent end of year discount and so glad I did. Was looking at similar spec bikes ghost amr, trek fuel, canyon etc etc and test rode loads. The camber was easily the best for me….I was (and am still not) interested in wagon wheels for the kind of riding I do. I prefer fast xc chuckable stuff which the bike is perfectly suited to. I think spesh stiffened up the frame a little in the 2012 version…..I do suffer a bit of frame flex under really heavy load.

The geo is really good and it climbs so so well (using platform on rear shock) never really feel the need to lock it out. I am saving up to replace the triad at some point with maybe the new float CTD factory (or maybe rp23 if I can find the right tune).

johnnystorm

If you have the fox shock going spare soon I might be interested as I’ve got an Ario on my Camber……

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Will be on classifieds maybe in a couple of weeks when I get paid

doncorleoni
    Free Member

doncorleoni
    Free Member

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Wtf happened there!!!!

johnnystorm

Yeah, yeah. I heard you the first time. 😆

I’ll try and remember to keep my eyes peeled!

granny_ring

PJM, you’d be talking about the RP23 not the RP3. I prefer th RP3 as it’s easier to use.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spesh custom shocks’ is closed to new replies.