Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spesh Butcher Control 2.3
  • jambon
    Free Member

Any good?

Any availability? If so, where from?

Intended as replacement for SuperTacky High Roller 2.35 UST.

Kind regards.

Northwind

Only place I’ve seen them for sale is Freeborn, who only do them as pairs but will mix-and-match with other tyres. Tempted myself… Fancy splitting a pair? Only £54 for 2.

jambon
    Free Member

Where are you based – I’m in London for a few months then back to Spain. Don’t really want to buy 2 as I have an embarrassing number of part worn tyres as home!

J

Northwind

I’m in edinburgh but I could get a pair here and post one on, split the cost of postage (couple of quid each…) so it’ll probably work out about £30 for one…

slowrider
    Free Member

I think they came as standard on my sx trail. Took them off after a couple of rides cos I wanted a proper tubeless tyre. £30 for the pair posted?

jambon
    Free Member

Hi Slorider – that sounds pretty darn good.

Please check in your own sweet time that they are the Control version and for the amount of wear. I’m in no hurry as I’m stuck in London for 2 months without a bike.

Give me an email on:

jamiearmstrongeditorATgmailDOTcom

but very interested.

J

slowrider
    Free Member

Will do , probably be tomorrow as I’ve done my back in and not sure I can get up tonight!

jambon
    Free Member

I think the SX trail had the non-tubeless SX version of the Butcher which is a proper DH tyre as opposed to the control which is 2Bliss and kinda trail oriented. Dunno?

Northwind

Aye, according to the Freeborn website anyway. The SX tubelesses very well, though (I’m running a pair of Clutch SXs tubeless on the big bike). Fair bit heftier though.

So, er, assuming that these do turn out to be SX carcass, and jambon doesn’t want ’em, I’ll take them for the asking price 😉 Almost burned out one of the Clutches in the alps.

slowrider
    Free Member

Haha ok, I’ll check tomorrow!

slowrider
    Free Member

You both have mail

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Butcher Control 2.3’ is closed to new replies.