Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Spending £50 notes…
  • the-muffin-man

To resurect an old thread – even a high ranking banking exec thinks £50 notes are used by dodgy types!…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35519884

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve had a lot of £50 notes recently as had to pay for some high price items with cash and easier to count.

BTW – I wrote the code that bills all banks when people use Link cash machines.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I got paid a 500 euro note once. The spaniards called it the ‘osama’ , due it existing but rarely seen. That was before he was killed and thrown into the sea…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oliverd1981
    Free Member

Didn’t the printers screw up a batch of fivers and hence they went a bit scarce?

What gets my goat istrying to pay a busfare with a fiver or tenner – why do they get so snotty? most fares are well over £2 these days so you’re not exactly after a till full of change in return.

willard

I thought that the €500 note was Spain’s most used for fraud?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What’s a £50 “note”?

hammyuk
    Free Member

There aren’t any bus fares down here UNDER £2 😯
    It’s a joke that to go 4 miles they want £2.30 one way.
    The ferry is even worse – £2.80 to do exactly 560mts – at least that is return.

br
    Free Member

To resurect an old thread – even a high ranking banking exec thinks £50 notes are used by dodgy types!…

Nothing new.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8678979.stm

Mr Sands, who produced the report for the Harvard Kennedy School, urged the world’s 20 largest economies to take up the matter before their next summit in China in September.

Wonder if he got paid in cash, for HIS story resurrection?

dave360

Arriving at Munich airport recently, I relished the pervertosity (if that isn’t a word it should be) of withdrawing 100 Euro at the ATM in the terminal which was proffered as two 50 Euro bank notes only for it to be refused by the driver of the bus into town. FFS Germans.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, but it’s definitely partly determined by the area. I can’t imagine a machine that lets you withdraw a fiver but doesn’t carry any twenties would be much use in central London

The ones in Wokingham (which frequently win’s the Daily heil’s “Best place to live in the UK” type awards for being so achingly middle class that Sainsbury’s is the cheap supermarket) dispense them.

Irritating because I like to line my road shoes with £20 notes, £5ers bulk them up too much.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Spending £50 notes…’ is closed to new replies.