Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Speedvagen or firefly road bike?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

I’m staring down the barrel of my finals so inevitably I’m spending too much time daydreaming and on tinterweb. Recent thread about nicest road bike ever got me wondering and I narrowed the field to these 2. Speedvagen are steel with some great paintjobs (some understated and some in your face) and custom painted parts like stems and hubs. Firefly are steel or ti (same price) but far more subtle. 2 fantastic brands but if it was your last road bike which would you go for?

I know they’re expensive and I’ve left other great brands like baum, indy fab, parlee etc out of the mix but hey it’s my thread.

(i know it’s a cross bike)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’d have a firefly, but its a very personal thing I reckon. Both make beautiful bikes.

Digger90
    Free Member

Why would it ever be your “last road bike”?

I’ve had several thinking they were each the very last I’d ever need.. perfection. Nothing is forever.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I thought speedvagen had stopped taking orders until the waiting list came down a little.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I thought speedvagen had stopped taking orders until the waiting list came down a little.

I’m not actually buying one, just fantasising 😉

Why would it ever be your “last road bike”?

For arguments sake, financial if nothing else. If money were no object then I’d prob have firefly road bike, speedvagen cx and vertigo mtb

Rorschach
    Free Member

/\ You sir have impeccable taste….like wot I have.

Wookster

The only Speedvagen I’ve seen the paint wasn’t great and the brake blocks were filed in half as the rear brake bridge was fitted too high!!

I know its your thread but when did that matter on STW!!
    Look at Waterford, stunning bikes, R33 is a dream! My next roadie will be Kirklee just need a couple of promotions, the kids to leave home!!

fontmoss
    Free Member

Why thank you sir! Biggest decision would be whether to have an ebb on the cx bike or semi horizontal dropouts to run it geared and singlespeed

EDIT: Not into retro so don’t fancy waterford. Kirklee looks nice, argonaut worth a look if that floats your boat

Wookster

Seven mud honey here please super recrd EPS, enve 45 tubs! 8)

fontmoss
    Free Member
    Raouligan
    Free Member

Love my Crown Jewel it’s great

Wookster

Ah, sorry mate wasn’t pointing you at the lugged Retro stuff!! It was one of these! This is a stunner, and fast, Ive lost out to it on a few road signs!!

fontmoss
    Free Member

Ah, yeah that;s more up my street

Love my Crown Jewel it’s great

I’m jealous

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Speedvagen or firefly road bike?’ is closed to new replies.