Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Speedplay pedals for off road use? Not racing but all dayers with hike a bike…
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Any good – or are the cleats a pita?

paul

ac282

I’d say no

Some roadies I know won’t even use them in winter. If they get any mud on the cleat when they stop for a leak they can’t clip in again…

lucien

Tried it once, on a cross bike with Speedplay road pedals / cleats. Slightest bit of dirt / muck you just can’t engage the cleat.

Speedplay do an off road pedal tho’?

gee
    Free Member

I used the Frogs (Speedplay’s offroad one) for a couple of years. They’re very ligght, but the bearings are rubbish and the pedal body is plastic so wears out. There is a stop on the body that prevents your shoe rotating too far towards the bike, but it wears off. Why anyone uses anything other than PDM540s is beyond me.

GB

brakes
    Free Member

mate of mine had them for a while, they didn’t like the dirt…

Why anyone uses anything other than PDM540s is beyond me

some people like their knees 🙂

lucien

Brakes +1 – if only there was a decent off road pedal with pelty of float – ho hum 😕

ratherbeintobago

Speedplay do an off road pedal tho’?

They’re meant to be launching the SYZR, which is an off road pedal… except it seems to be taking an awfully long time to get to market.

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Speedplay pedals for off road use? Not racing but all dayers with hike a bike…’ is closed to new replies.