Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Speedplay Frogs any users?
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

as im getting a new stead i have been looking at new pedals, i know my dad used to swear by speedplay as he has dodge knee, this appeals to me as i seem to aquired his knee problems.
    i am using a Time set at the moment, and have been worried about the speedplay clip in etc, just after peoples views etc?

Cheers Steve

michaelbowden

Hi

I've used them for about 6 years, also due to bad knees. I think they are great but not everyone gets on with the free float. All the bits are replaceable (not cheap though). You occasionally get need to twist your foot to get it to clip in if you have been walking/stood in sticky mud. I wouldn't use anything else now.

coatesy
    Free Member

Same here, tried just about everything in the search for a decent pedal with enough float, and was considering giving up riding as I was suffering that badly.The Frogs have been excellent, the only problem i've had is finding shoes that allow the cleats to fit with enough toe out for my riding style.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I had a set for 2 years. Would recommend getting a grease gun with some marine grease for them using it often. I found that the cleats tended to move around on the bottom of my new shoes (shimanos with a pointless bit of carbon where the cleat sits) so they had to go, and to be honest I'm happier now with M540 pedals.

michaelbowden

agree about the grease thing but have never had any problems with the cleats moving

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Speedplay Frogs any users?’ is closed to new replies.