Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Speedkings on Stans Olympic
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of this combination? I’m after a summer set of tyres that are light but not too flimsy and will seal niely on Stans Olympic rims…

JxL
    Free Member

These are also on my list of tyres to consider using on Olympic rims.

I heard schwalbe RR and NN are a good combo for these rims too.

UK-FLATLANDER

Have this combination on my Hummer, I found it works really well. Other on STW have had puncture issues, but “touch wood” mine have been fine with sealant.

cirlam
    Free Member

Not so sure about using them as summer tyres – I much prefer to use them during the winter as they have ALOT of rolling resistance, but are very grippy in mud. They seal and mount very easily on my DT 4.2d rims.

Personally, I’m using Spesh Fast Trak LK’s and they are perfect for the nice hardpack that we’ve got at the moment in Swinley forest.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Am thinking of the protection version and I assumed these were ‘dry’ tyres with a low rolling resistance, no?

tazzymtb

If you’re using stans I wouldn’t bother with the protection unless you’re riding in flinty areas.supersonics with the black chilli compound much nicer better grip and lighter and I’ve had no punctures in a year. Use joes no flats solution it’s a wee bit thicker than stans and seems to seal side walls a bit quicker. all schwalbe tyres mount easily on stans rims with just track pump, maxxis work very well as well. If you want a good “first time seal” lightly coat/paint a thin layer of latex on the sidewalls and leave it to go off before first mount. It saves the “brilliant it sealed fist time….cock it’s weeing out of the sidewalls” routine that can happen with ultralight tyres.

dobo
    Free Member

how about the new maxxis aspen, i’m using the maxxis monorail and think they are great

njee20
    Free Member

Schwalbe tyres seal far more easily than Contis, particularly Supersonics, get some Ralphs, or some Rocket Rons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Speedkings on Stans Olympic’ is closed to new replies.