Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Speeding Ticket Sweepstake (Yes, I am the Antichrist and worse than Hitler)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, went past a van this morning, doing considerably more than 30 in a 30 (aproaching a NSL limit, already out of the village so not intrinsicaly dangersous IMO, and I dont even use the throttle on that stretch, it’s downhil to the NSL signs so usualy just coasting from the previous junction in 5th gear, but that sounds like I’m making excuses already).

So who wants a sweepstake on how fast I was going and when the letter will land on the mat 🙁

Liftman

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Burn in hell!

I bet you get no ticket.

sugdenr
    Free Member

already out of the village so not intrinsicaly dangersous IMO

If there’s a van there doesn’t that mean the rozzers disagree with you?

54.5 😆

Letter in 10 days

ourmaninthenorth

warton
    Free Member

if you went past a van, and not a stationary gatso, and were doing 35 or above you will definitely get a ticket.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Letter in 12.

Oh yes – BURN IN HELL, SATAN OF THE ROADS! 😈

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What if the rope becomes rotten and then snaps?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

43 …uh oh get your cheque book out! Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a dangerous spot, could be speed van there as it’s a neighbourhood priority and the villagers have been moaning about people speeding!
    Oh well at least itw on’t be a shock when the ticket arrives!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably, there is a problem with speeding on that road, but more boy racers flooring it off the roundabout at midnight than me bimbling into work in the morning.

At what point do they clcok your speed, theres a slim to none chance I was under 30 by the time I was exactly inline with the van (i.e. looking down the barrle of the lense).

markenduro
    Free Member

Only one way to find out, go back and do it again, this time look at your speedo at the place where the van is…
    They do seem to have speed traps in places where there is no reason for the limit the council seem to think appropriate.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Only one way to find out, go back and do it again, this time look at your speedo at the place where the van is…

I was braking when I figured out why there was a van parked at a really bad angle in the layby.

They do seem to have speed traps in places where there is no reason for the limit the council seem to think appropriate.

Odly, in another part of England I frequent, when the parish council demanded 40mph limits everywhere within it’s boundary shortly after they were given the power to set their own limits, the police said they wouldn’t enforce it with cameras as they didnt see the point!

toby1

52 and by Saturday.

I’ve had loads in the past these days I really do bimble in the ‘speed’ limited zones (i.e. not national).

MrNutt
    Free Member

a lifetime lived as a manbitch for big Lenore, arrival in 24 days.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

a lifetime lived as a manbitch for big Lenore, arrival in 24 days.

mutualy exclusive, they have to arrive in under 10.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So what do you think you were doing when you saw the speed camera? If you see the speed camera and think you are too late you normally are, they have a long range.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

At what point do they clcok your speed, theres a slim to none chance I was under 30 by the time I was exactly inline with the van (i.e. looking down the barrle of the lense).

They get you well before you are in line. I saw one very far ahead a few years back and immediately slowed down. Got a letter through saying I was doing 70 in a 50!

poly
    Free Member

Round here they only seem to do one direction of travel at a time (and the side they are doing is not always obvious from van position). I would have thought if you were in the 30 heading to NSL they were more likely to be focussed on the people going from the NSL and entering the 30 in the opposite direction?

Del

they have to arrive in under 10.

sorry, no. NIPs have to be posted to the registered keeper within 14 days of the offence.

MSP

sorry, no. NIPs have to be posted to the registered keeper within 14 days of the offence.

Yep and if you don’t receive it, it is assumed you are lying no good scum.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Hopefully under 53.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh I’ve refrained, but I’m itching to have a go..

69 (only because it’s singletracks 69th issue..)

And within 14 days.

Then 200 points, a fine of $1.4Bn, you are then subject to painting the road with your nose hair, whilst sweeping the gutter with a broom “pleasantly” placed around your bodage’ and forced to do up a Triumph Herald Convertable using only papier mache’ a brush and some fish glue.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Round here they only seem to do one direction of travel at a time

crosses fingers

TiRed

I hope it was less than 63 or you’ll be cycling for six months

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I reckon the van was there to catch people coming into the village.

0 points and you’ll never hear a peep.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did a very un-scientific test last night and drove down the same road, acclererate away from lights upto a reasonble speed (25-30ish), into 5th, roll down the hill. I was doing ~45 as I pased where I reckon I’d be right infront of the lense.

Should I go and drown some kittens? I reckon on average that would make me a better person.

wwaswas

I suspect your best approach to avoiding future problems would be to stop speeding in order to establish if you were speeding.

hora
    Free Member

Are you sure OP? I drove past a mobile camera and I was probably 50 in a 30 when I noticed him in my rear view (behind a building) going from a large dual carriageway down a two-laner towards Manchester.

Got zip through the post. I summised he was focused on the lane of cars coming towards him.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I suspect your best approach to avoiding future problems would be to stop speeding in order to establish if you were speeding.

The irony had not escaped me either!

Are you sure OP? I drove past a mobile camera and I was probably 50 in a 30 when I noticed him in my rear view (behind a building) going from a large dual carriageway down a two-laner towards Manchester.

He/she’d have an unobstructed view of anyone the 30 side of the limit, so 50/50 as to which lane they were focused on.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You can see the window of the van open with a camera poking out of it…

brassneck

I’ve never ever seen a ‘safety camera van’ parked near a school, or on a dodgy bend with a 40 limit. Only once in a 30 limit.. and it was parked in a bus stop!

brassneck

Not true.

I have recieved a NIP later than 14 days after the offence, what should I do?
    You should complete and return the NIP.

The law states that a NIP should be sent to the registered keeped no later than 14 days after the offence. South Yorkshire Safety Camera Partnership generates NIPS using DVLA records. Occasionally DVLA records have nort been updated and the original NIP is sent to a previous keeper or an old address.

Further judicial enquiries are required before a new NIP can be generated. In this type of situation, a Court will uphold the alleged offence.

It is each indivisuals personal responsibility to ensure that the DVLA are made aware of any change in circumstances. It is an offence under section 2.3 of the Road Traffic Act to have incorrect details on your driving license.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We have them regularly on 2 dual carrageways, both in 30mph zones.. One van parks in a Bus Stop too, the other on a bit of grass. I’ve yet to figure out the logic of these cameras on main in/out routes, but they’re there non the less.

johnners
    Free Member

You can see the window of the van open with a camera poking out of it…

You’re assuming he’s paying attention. Which it would seem he wasn’t.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Probably having a tea break or got his quota for the day.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You’re assuming he’s paying attention. Which it would seem he wasn’t.

How’d you draw that conclusion?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But you must’ve had time to look at the back of the van before you’d passed it… shirley?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, but they don’t have “Speed Camera” in big letters on them, just a white hi-top van with black windows, one window open. Not identifiable as anythig untill I was closer to it 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aren’t they supposed to be “identifyable”? Our here have the yellow/red strips down the back doors.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aren’t they supposed to be “identifyable”? Our here have the yellow/red strips down the back doors.

Might well have done, it did have “SAFETY CAMERA TEAM” on the front/sides but obviously I couldn’t see those from my direction. From the back it just looked like any other van with some unidentifiable markings.

I’m not denying I was speeding, I’m not saying that speeding is good, I’m not going to question the ticket when/if it arrives. Whether the speed limit is justified or nececary on that road and whether enforceing it in that location is in the public interest is another matter, there a plenty of places in and arround the village where boy racers do drive inapropriately, but on the outskirts, next to a NSL, at the furthest point from any shops/churches/schools with a good 20-30ft of verge between the road and the boundary wall of the castle on one side and the building site on the other just seems a convenient place to catch lots of people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Speeding Ticket Sweepstake (Yes, I am the Antichrist and worse than Hitler)’ is closed to new replies.