Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Speeding car shunted me on M25
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Last night I was in the 3rd of 4 lanes passing a car on my inside (2nd lane) when a car shot up from behind in the 2nd lane – a lot faster than other traffic – and hit my non driver-side front wing as it moved into my lane then carried on at speed into the distance. Wing pretty dented and a lot of rubber on the wheel from where other car must have hit it. I got the car reg and have reported online. Wondering if this is likely to go anywhere or will police think no point as no-one hurt? Wondering if a car at that speed would be picked up by cameras on the M25?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Reported online? I would have pulled over and called 999 straight away.

mattyfez

Leaving bthe scene of an accident is taken quite seriously.. but id call the non emergency number, presumably you have a reference number from reporting it online you can give them, but id speak to someone sharpish, beforbeforee they get chance to repair thier car and deny all knowledge.

It may well be on camera too, hence you need to speed things up, I don’t know long they might keep footage.

nickewen
    Free Member

As above, call it in. Leaving the scene is pretty serious. I’d be absolutely foaming with that like. Good luck with it (think you may need it)

enfht
    Free Member

If no injury I’d bet the fuzz won’t bother. Must be bloody annoying though.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

If there’s damage to your vehicle then it’s an accident, report it on the 101 line.

garage-dweller

So undertook too? I’d be following up by phone with the Police also on 101.

mudshark
    Free Member

I tried 101 as soon as I could but no response and that said to do online. This morning I had a call saying the info was sent to my local police station and someone from there said it was now sent over to someone in Woking who would call later. I’m not hopeful.

ravingdave

Wife was hit by a motorbike that drove off. Police weren’t bothered as no injury. F’ing annoying as therefore insurance weren’t bothered either. They wrote to him and called him but he just said it wasn’t me and that was that!

Inspired us to get a dash cam…

steveh

You can check online to see if the car is insured and mot’d if not there’s less point persuing as would be much harder to get anything from it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had something very similar last year.

Reported it; turned out the car was SORN and not insured.

Police wouldn’t do anything. Their advice was to go through my insurance, despite the other car not being insured.

I had pictures of the car and everything, but ‘that doesn’t count as evidence’

Useless

toby1

This is the worst local hit a run story in my area this week.

There’s some quality folk about!

poly
    Free Member

You can check online to see if the car is insured and mot’d if not there’s less point persuing as would be much harder to get anything from it.

No idea if its a difference in Scotland/England but they generally seem quite keen to pursue failing to stop/failing to report North of the border; if there’s a registered keeper and its not insured or mot’d then they’d be even more interested – so not sure why it would be not worth pursuing. The issue comes if there is no registered keeper (thats not the same as being SORNed – there’s still a keeper who has declared it off the road). If there is no keeper details then they have the problem of where to start looking…

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP there are standard forms, I’ve done the paper ones. To be honest the a likely outcome is they will look up the registered owner and make sure you get insurance detals. Who is to say the other registered keeper will say he wasn’t driving at the time ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Speeding car shunted me on M25’ is closed to new replies.