Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Speed dating experiences…
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Okay, so we’ve had a thread recently about speed dating smalltalk suggestions, but what have been your real life experiences of speed dating?

To be honest, the very thought of it terrifies me, but like an idiot I’ve signed up for an event anyway. Ordinarily, I think I’d be significantly more inclined to turn up to a regular date on speed than to subject myself to this. However, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

Oh, did I mention that I have a stammer too?

I can stretch a single sentence out over 30 seconds or so on occasion so the three minutes should fly by! 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh, did I mention that I have a stammer too?

Could be on to a winner with any laydeez who have watched The Kings Speech and fancy giving it a go 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive done it – brilliant fun. Remember not to take it seriously and also everyone else is just as nervous / worried / aprehensive as you.

Relax, treat it like meeting new people at the pub or a party or out on your mountain bike.

Dont go looking for a GF, go looking for some new people to chat to and have a drink with. If anything happens, it happens on the dates you end up making after the event.

Oh, and just to hedge your bets, tick everyone, dont be choosy.

bassspine
    Free Member

I’d rate it as an extreme sport. And wierdly enough, I’d do it again, it was fun somehow

Kit
    Free Member

Take a friend, last one I went to on my own and felt a total sad-sack loner. I am anyway, but at least I don’t want to look like one 🙁

MSP

I don’t see why its so special, all my dates are over in 3 minutes anyway.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Could be on to a winner with any laydeez who have watched The Kings Speech and fancy giving it a go

Yeah, I’m hoping to cash in on having the disability du jour! 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Speed dating experiences…’ is closed to new replies.